ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Much is Fee of Child British Citizenship Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan_80
Pakistan

How Much is Fee of Child British Citizenship Registration

Post by khan_80 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi All
After the Home Office Lose the Case for Child Naturalization Fee, How much is the Fee for Child Registration for British Citizenship as still online i can see 1012.

Also If a child born to EU Passport holder but no ILR when child was born, does the child need to register first and then apply for passport or can directly apply for passport. The Parents got ILR after child birth.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How Much is Fee of Child British Citizenship Registration

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:39 pm

The fees have not changed. Ukvi is likely appealing the court ruling.

If the neither parent had ILR, PR or settled status at the time the child was born, then the child has to be registered as British on form MN1 and the fee paid. The child is not automatically British and cannot apply for a passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:43 pm

khan_80 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Also If a child born to EU Passport holder but no ILR when child was born, does the child need to register first and then apply for passport or can directly apply for passport
The only way the child can apply directly for a British passport is if at least one parent had ILR Before the birth of the child and teh child was born in the UK.

If neither parent had ILR at the time of the birth of the child, then registration is required before passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

khan_80
Pakistan

Post by khan_80 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Thanks alot for the clarification.