ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR clock during visa switch

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ckayay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Tier 2 cooling period and ILR

Post by ckayay » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:21 am

Hi all

I am on Tier 2 general for the last 2,5 years. Assume, if I loose my Job and in the given 2 month period, I can't switch to Skilled Worker visa, I will have to leave the country. Per new rule, there is no cooling period for Tier 2/Skilled Worker visa. Within the 6 months after I left, If I land another Skilled Worker visa in UK, can I apply to ILR after 2 years as I have been out of the country less than 6 months in any given year? Or the clock will tick from day 1 again?

Thanks
CK

Khaled33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 cooling period and ILR

Post by Khaled33 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:45 am

there's no such a thing as a cooling period anymore. You can switch to the Skilled worker route whenever you want.
Under the skilled worker route, migrates cannot take unpaid leave for longer than 4 weeks. So no, you cannot leave for 6 months unless you are working from overseas and you are fully paid and your employer has notified the HO

ckayay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by ckayay » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. But I was asking if I loose my Job and being asked to leave the country as my existing Tier 2 visa is curtailed. Then, after some time (3 months), I found another employer who can sponsor me with Skilled Worker visa. Can I apply the ILR by combining the two visa durations?

"You are allowed to spend time outside of the UK so long as these periods of absence do not exceed 6 months at any one time. It does not matter how much time you spend outside of the UK in total during the required 5-year continuous residence period provided you return each time after a maximum of 6 months."

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 pm

Yes, you can. Time spent under old Tier 2 General counts under Skilled Worker
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ckayay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by ckayay » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:35 am

Thanks

ckayay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

ILR clock during visa switch

Post by ckayay » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:46 am

Hi All

I had UK ECAA Turkish Business Person visa on 13/06/2018 and I entered UK on that date.
Then, shortly after I got out of UK to switch to Tier 2 General (30/08/2018) and entered in UK on that date again.

I assume, the ILR clock starts at 13/06/2018 rather than 30/08/2018?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR clock during visa switch

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:49 am

Your ilr clock starts from the date your tier 2 general visa was issued as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.