ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR But with a 3year Expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR But with a 3year Expiry

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.

I applied for ILR via the 5yr partner FLR(M) route. My BRP was delivered today and is valid up until 31-12-2024

Issued 19-03-2021. I was under the assumption ILR has a duration of 10years

Anyone has the same issue recently or should i put this down as an error and contact home office?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR But with a 3year Expiry

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:56 pm

If your BRP expires on 31 December 2024
You do not need to tell UKVI if your BRP expires on 31 December 2024 but you have leave to stay longer.

UKVI will update their information on how to update your BRP in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem

The card expires not the ILR status in line with new future technology.

Unless you do not want to naturalise as a British Citizen, UKVI will just get your card replaced after expiry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR But with a 3year Expiry

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Thank you for providing the link and explaining!