ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong COS but visa granted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

indiguy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Wrong COS but visa granted

Post by indiguy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:37 am

Hello Folks,

I received a COS for Visa Application..... applied and received my visa within the specified timeline of UK.GOV

Now that just before I booked my tickets, my sponsor called me and informed not to book the tickets as they had erroneously applied Undefined COS instead of Defined COS... I am in a fix and don't know what to do... The sponsor has already invested quite an amount and I myself has spent quite a lot of money..... can anyone with the knowledge suggest me what should I do ....

thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Wrong COS but visa granted

Post by manci » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:14 am

Do you have a UK immigration history, e.g. a valid BRP?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

indiguy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by indiguy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 pm

@manci I do not have any immigration history to UK....however was there in LHR for 4-5 hours while on a connecting flight 12-13 year's back...that's it....

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Your sponsor made a mistake by assigning an undefined CoS. They'll now apply for a defined CoS which unfortunately takes longer. Once they got the new CoS you'll have to make a new visa application. Look to the sponsor to reimburse you for the additional visa fee, after all it was their mistake. The duplicate IHS will be refunded to you by UKVI.

It seems that the HO also made a mistake by granting your present visa. However, don't attempt to use it because the Border Force Officer at the UK border will be aware that the CoS on which it was based had been cancelled.

indiguy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by indiguy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:20 pm

@Manci...thanks...

Do you think that HO will revoke the sponsor licence for this mistake... and are the sponsor going to get the full refund for the amount incurred during the process as it is going to affect me as well going forward....

how long will it take now for the defined COS in my situation....

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:01 pm

indiguy wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:20 pm
Do you think that HO will revoke the sponsor licence for this mistake.
No, they won't
indiguy wrote:
are the sponsor going to get the full refund for the amount incurred
they will not get the £199 CoS fee refunded because of having assigned the wrong type of CoS
indiguy wrote:
how long will it take now for the defined COS in my situation....
Supposed to be 1 working day but could be longer (Covid). You should know the visa processing time in your country as you recently had a visa

indiguy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by indiguy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:06 pm

@Manci ...just got to know from my sponsor that they have to cancel the CoS as expected, however they also informed me that they cannot apply for restricted Cos immediately for me as I have to go through a cooling period of 6 months before I can apply for another Visa. Umm this is really frustrating...I left my job and ended my housing contract. don't know what to do .

Is the cooling period really applicable and will this impact my visa application in the future???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:10 pm

Where does it state you have to wait 6 months before you can apply again?? Ask them for the official UKVI guidance that states this. I believe they are talking nonsense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.