ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old IELTS - Tier2 to ILR in 2021 or later

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Old IELTS - Tier2 to ILR in 2021 or later

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi
This is a query regarding the IELTS requirement for ILR.

If an applicant had done IELTS in early 2016, and if there wasn't any UKVI reference number given at the time, would it be an issue when the applicant applies for ILR ?
At the time of application of Tier 2 visa in 2016, that IELTS result was considered and the visa was given even though there wasn't any UKVI reference number on the IELTS certificate...
So can I just use the same result for ILR ?
Or do I need to give IELTS again just for ILR ?
Is there any official document which clearly states that even though the initial visa was granted with a particular IELTS certificate without a UKVI reference, the applicant will need to obtain another IELTS test certificate with a UKVI reference for an ILR application ?

Also, does it matter what the type of IELTS test was taken at the time of application ? i.e. Academic / General, with UKVI reference no. or not ?
And does any of the above matter especially since the Visa application was approved ?

Appreciate any advice in this matter thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Old IELTS - Tier2 to ILR in 2021 or later

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:24 pm

Thanks. As per that page it states -
"Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter"

Meaning if the applicant had given an IELTS Academic/General which did not have a UKVI reference at the time, even though it was accepted then, would not be accepted now?

So the applicant will have to give the exam again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Applications made on or after 12 November 2015 for naturalisation and on or after 19 November 2015 for ILR
For naturalisation applications made on or after 12 November 2015 and ILR applications made on or after 19 November 2015, the only tests that are acceptable are qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list published on the Home Office pages of GOV.UK.

No other tests are acceptable and the test must be taken at an approved test centre.

Indefinite leave applications
The English language test must have been taken no more than 2 years before the date of application. However, tests that have been taken more than 2 years ago and have since expired can still be accepted where both of the following apply. The qualification:
is from one of the providers on the current SELT list
• has previously been accepted by us as part of another immigration application,
such as for entry clearance
A qualification that is not from one of the providers on the current SELT list, is not acceptable even if previously accepted by us as part of another application
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:50 pm

Thanks

On this page-"https://ieltsukviregistration.britishco ... chooser/GB?" there are a couple of tests listed and just wanted to confirm if it's ok to book this one -

"IELTS Life Skills B1" for ILR ?

Thanks for all the help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:54 pm

I linked the easiest one and best availability in my previous post. There are other tests too. You will have to look at the official link.