ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay and ILR (Set M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KatieWills
Wales

Overstay and ILR (Set M)

Post by KatieWills » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi all,

I have previously posted this question and kindly had it answered. I just want to check that nothing has changed in 5 years with regards to overstaying and ILR.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/overstay-and ... l#p1405850

My husband overstayed his visitors visa by 3 months in 2015, was detained and paid for his own flight home. Spouse visa was granted in 2016 and the extension granted after 2.5 years. He is eligible to apply for ILR in Sept 2021.

Is it still the case that the previous overstay will have no affect on his ILR application?

Thanks in advance for any help. 🙂
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Overstay and ILR (Set M)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:39 pm

He is fine to apply for ILR. However, he should apply for Naturalisation after 10 years of overstay period in 2025.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Overstay and ILR (Set M)

Post by KatieWills » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:59 pm

Thank you Cullinan for the quick reply, that's great. Not sure if he will apply for citizenship, so no problem to wait for that.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.