ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply with my husband if i have ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Apply with my husband if i have ILR

Post by nuddydian » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi.
My husband is eligible to apply for naturalisation next month.
Can i also apply with him if i have ILR - but my 1 yr on the ilr is not complete yet.
i know if i apply as british citizen spouse i dont have to wait for 1 yr. Or do i need to wait for my husband to get british citizenship first? And then i can only apply

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Apply with my husband if i have ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:02 pm

nuddydian wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:55 pm
Hi.
My husband is eligible to apply for naturalisation next month.
Can i also apply with him if i have ILR - but my 1 yr on the ilr is not complete yet.
i know if i apply as british citizen spouse i dont have to wait for 1 yr. Or do i need to wait for my husband to get british citizenship first? And then i can only apply
You need to wait until your husband has been granted British citizenship and has attended his Citizenship ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Re: Apply with my husband if i have ILR

Post by nuddydian » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Thanks