ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

first child passport - requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

first child passport - requirements

Post by Jasminedutta » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi,

I am applying for passport for my newborn daughter. I hold Indefinite Leave Remain from last 3 years.

following is the requirement from the application. and, there's mention of BRP anywhere.
  • the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain

So my question is that, Do we need to post BRP as well, along with Passport? or non-british passport alone will do?

Thank you

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Re: first child passport - requirements

Post by Jasminedutta » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Sorry.., I mean't there's no mention of BRP card to prove ILR Status. Is parent's passport enough to get the first child passport (for newborn).

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:25 am

If a parent’s passport doesn’t contain evidence of parent’s ILR status, then the parent’s passport may not be enough to show that baby is automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:03 am

thanks.

BRP card can be evidence instead. If we send BRP card along with Passport, then will that do?

gr8dar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by gr8dar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:20 am

Just send the document which have Indefinite status. I think when you fill the online application it will ask you all the documents you have and then it will tell you in the end that what you need to send along. Like in my case I didn’t have passport but got Brp which I send along child birth certificate . That was enough. I hope it helps you.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 pm

thank you.

it did help.