ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O)-English language requirement & employment gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poshlink
Newly Registered
Taiwan

ILR SET (O)-English language requirement & employment gap

Post by poshlink » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:45 pm

hi

I am due to apply ILR in May as 5 years in Tier 2 General. Really appreciate for any help in advance.

My questions are :

1. Do I and my wife need the AQUALS ( see as below) since both of us had Master degree in USA and had submitted the certificate when applied Tier 2 in 2016.
140 pounds for each is not cheap.

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:
a copy of your degree certificate
an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.

Should I mention or explain my 8 months employment gap in the application ?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET (O)-English language requirement & employment gap

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:16 am

1. You need the Visas and Nationality Service (English proficiency) service https://ecctis.com/Qualifications/VAN/Default.aspx
2. No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice