ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time Spent outside the uk for pregnancy over 180 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vasanthkumar15
Newly Registered

Time Spent outside the uk for pregnancy over 180 days

Post by vasanthkumar15 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:40 am

Dear All,

I'm a British Citizen through settlement and my wife is an Indian citizen, we got married in in Sep 2016 and she moved to the UK in October 2016 as a spouse dependent. Although she is eligible to apply for ILR from October 2021 on the 5 year route, My wife travelled to India for her delivery in April 2017 and returned to the UK in Feb 2018 after our daughter the birth of our daughter in India.

She will break her 180 days rule in 2017 when she applies for ILR in Oct 2021. Can anyone please advise if the 180 days rule apply? And also does she have to apply for FLR(M)/SET(M) category? I read a post that 180 days rules don't apply for FLR(M) category.

Any advise you can give is really appreciated as we are very confused and we are not sure if we have to apply for visa extension or ILR.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Time Spent outside the uk for pregnancy over 180 days

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:11 am

ILR under the family route does NOT have any absence limits
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vasanthkumar15
Newly Registered

Re: Time Spent outside the uk for pregnancy over 180 days

Post by vasanthkumar15 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:11 am
ILR under the family route does NOT have any absence limits
Thank you for the confirmation, its very useful