ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CC3008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship application questions

Post by CC3008 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi There,

I am planning to apply British Citizenship on the fact that i have been granted ILR visa as a spouse. So i am trying to complete the British Citizenship online application and have few queries on some of the questions

1) In English Language Question "what will you use to prove your degree taught in English?" => The previous question i have answered were i have a degree that was taught in english in India. So as a proof i can prove with my degree certificate but it does not have anywhere written that it was taught in English. However, i have got an official transcript which can prove. I have answered that i'll prove with the transcript but this means that when checking the list of documents it does not ask you degree certificate and just transcript. Can i also send degree certificate with transcript as additional documents?

2) In Immigration Details sections, I have added the following immigration details. Please let me know if they are correct?

1) ILR SET M application - Within UK
2) FLR M application - Within UK
3) Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter - Outside UK

3) One referee should be a member of a recognised body, is that mandatory?

4) what document need to show as a proof of living in the UK for the last 3 year as a married citizen?

5) can anyone provide a list of documents to be send as part of this application for a person who is married to british citizen? This is apart from the check list provide on online application.

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship application questions

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:26 pm

CC3008 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:16 pm
Hi There,

I am planning to apply British Citizenship on the fact that i have been granted ILR visa as a spouse. So i am trying to complete the British Citizenship online application and have few queries on some of the questions

1) In English Language Question "what will you use to prove your degree taught in English?" => The previous question i have answered were i have a degree that was taught in english in India. So as a proof i can prove with my degree certificate but it does not have anywhere written that it was taught in English. However, i have got an official transcript which can prove. I have answered that i'll prove with the transcript but this means that when checking the list of documents it does not ask you degree certificate and just transcript. Can i also send degree certificate with transcript as additional documents?
Which proof did you use for your ILR?

2) In Immigration Details sections, I have added the following immigration details. Please let me know if they are correct?

1) ILR SET M application - Within UK
2) FLR M application - Within UK
3) Spouse/Partner Leave to Enter - Outside UK
Correct, you have to mention all UK immigration applications

3) One referee should be a member of a recognised body, is that mandatory?
One referee has to be a professional. The list can be found on page 25. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

4) what document need to show as a proof of living in the UK for the last 3 year as a married citizen?
Passport stamps for last 3 years. Also make sure you were in UK at the start of the qualifying period calculating from the date you apply online

5) can anyone provide a list of documents to be send as part of this application for a person who is married to british citizen? This is apart from the check list provide on online application.
Follow the checklist. But mainly its your passport and stamps covering last 3 years, ILR BRP, LIUK, English Requirement, 2 Referees, British spouse passport copy, marriage certificate

Many Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.