ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - long residence form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aksrava
United Kingdom

ILR - long residence form

Post by Aksrava » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:29 pm

My first time posting so sorry if this is the wrong place/way to ask this -

But I was wondering if someone can give me a detailed rundown of what the application form has/what happens after?

I just want to know, how long is the application form? What type of questions does it have (other than the common personal details/immigration history)? Can you start the form a while before finishing your application?
I’ve been reading this thread and want to clarify more about uploading documents via UKVAS, are you emailed a link to do this through? Or is the part of the form on gov uk?

And what happens once the form & documents & payment is submitted? Do you get a confirmation email? I’ve already had biometrics recently and I’m assumed they will be reused, when do you get this email?

And if you reuse biometrics, what happens at the ukvas appointment?

And with scanning passports, do you scan every single page or just the one with stamps (I have a lot of empty pages)

These questions are strange I just want to process clarified so once the day comes to apply I am prepared. Really appreciate any replies! I’m afraid this probably isn’t the last post from me for a few months

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - long residence form

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Aksrava wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:29 pm
My first time posting so sorry if this is the wrong place/way to ask this -

But I was wondering if someone can give me a detailed rundown of what the application form has/what happens after?

I just want to know, how long is the application form? What type of questions does it have (other than the common personal details/immigration history)? Can you start the form a while before finishing your application?
I’ve been reading this thread and want to clarify more about uploading documents via UKVAS, are you emailed a link to do this through? Or is the part of the form on gov uk?

And what happens once the form & documents & payment is submitted? Do you get a confirmation email? I’ve already had biometrics recently and I’m assumed they will be reused, when do you get this email?

And if you reuse biometrics, what happens at the ukvas appointment?

And with scanning passports, do you scan every single page or just the one with stamps (I have a lot of empty pages)

These questions are strange I just want to process clarified so once the day comes to apply I am prepared. Really appreciate any replies! I’m afraid this probably isn’t the last post from me for a few months
You can do a dummy application to see first hand what to expect.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only self-submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you self-submit.
You will be able to add and submit more documents at your appointment again if any missed documents.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

PS scan bio and stamps pages covering the qualifying period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only self-submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you self-submit.
You will be able to add and submit more documents at your appointment again if any missed documents.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

PS scan bio and stamps pages covering the qualifying period.

Thankyou for your response! This is very helpful

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Help on time spent outside the UK - school trips (long residence application)

Post by Aksrava » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Sorry if this is already a topic, I couldn’t find it but if needed I’ll report but i need help!

So I’m just prepping my application now, and I’m struggling with the time spent outside the UK part. My amount is no where near the 180 day mark, but I have a lot of school trips that were abroad. Unfortunately because they were school trips and I was travelling with teachers/I was a minor my passport wasn’t always stamped with entry and exit days/they’re not all on my passport. I’m having to go by memory to enter my time spent outside the UK, and I know what dates each is except one date which I’m missing (we had a day trip to Belgium but we reentered UK the same day so does it count?)
Is this going to be an issue that the stamps are missing?
I think the total time comes to around 50 days overall. I’m worried as some of the days might be one day off/about them being inaccurate. I’m going to try my best to track these down but I’m worried since the information on my passport is missing. Is this going to be an issue? I can’t request these through gov uk website either since all of these trips were more than 5 years ago. Does anyone have any insight to how it would be reviewed?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help on time spent outside the UK - school trips (long residence application)

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:38 am

What is your visa route ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Re: Help on time spent outside the UK - school trips (long residence application)

Post by Aksrava » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:26 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:38 am
Long residence 10 years!

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:08 am

Aksrava wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:26 am
Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:38 am
Long residence 10 years/ through tier 2 dependent

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:10 am

Long residence '180 days absence' limit is NOT the same as Tier 2. Under long residence, you should NOT have had any continious absences of more than 180 days from the UK, anywhere in the 10 years. Also, your total absences must be less than 540 days in the last decade
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:10 am
Long residence '180 days absence' limit is NOT the same as Tier 2. Under long residence, you should NOT have had any continious absences of more than 180 days from the UK, anywhere in the 10 years. Also, your total absences must be less than 540 days in the last decade

I think I’m fine on the actual duration of my absences it’s just the missing passport stamps I’m worried about - will it be an issue that my passport wasn’t always stamped on reentry? Also one of my trips I left and entered UK on the same day technically but it won’t let me enter this on the form - should I just put the day after or should I leave it out?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:21 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:10 am
Also, your total absences must be less than 540 days in the last decade
18 months may be slightly more.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:28 pm

Count only whole days when absent from the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 pm

Aksrava wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm
I think I’m fine on the actual duration of my absences it’s just the missing passport stamps I’m worried about - will it be an issue that my passport wasn’t always stamped on reentry?
Wonder why they didn't stamp on reentry?
Ask school for travel records?
Should be okay, if you explain the circumstances.

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:27 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 pm
Aksrava wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm
I think I’m fine on the actual duration of my absences it’s just the missing passport stamps I’m worried about - will it be an issue that my passport wasn’t always stamped on reentry?
Wonder why they didn't stamp on reentry?
Ask school for travel records?
Should be okay, if you explain the circumstances.
Since I was a minor I don’t remember even going through border control properly we just went through a coach and I think my teachers handled all our border control stuff while we waited - so I don’t think my passports were stamped?

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:09 pm

Currently just double checking my form and I need help with something, in summer 2019 I travelled across Europe and interrailled through 7 countries countries for 15 days. How should I enter this on the form? I left and reentered the UK through two different countries (both stamped on my passport). So should I put each place separately on the form? I flew from the UK to Netherlands first, and then travelled across and reentered through Germany. Should I just put the place I travelled to (since it only lets me add one) as Netherlands and then add the other countries in the “reasons travelled” section?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Enter as: UK to Germany entry/exit to/from UK.
Reason: Travelled through EU (mention other countries here) for holidays or whatever the reason was.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm
Reason: Travelled through EU (mention other countries here) for holidays or whatever the reason was.
Thankyou!

Aksrava
United Kingdom

Post by Aksrava » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Aksrava wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 pm
Thankyou! Sorry I have another question, I’m upto the point where I enter my salary. I’m currently on a part time salary since I’m on a gap year waiting to go to university, so the salary is quite low. I’m supported by my parents financially, do I need to mention this anywhere? Would my salary being low be grounds for refusal? Shall I add cover letter outlining my situation?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:29 pm

There is no income requirement for SET(LR).