ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 - Time frame for return of Passport whilst waiting PR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skywards
Newly Registered

EEA4 - Time frame for return of Passport whilst waiting PR

Post by Skywards » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Has anyone requested the return of their passport recently (ie: Sept/Oct 2008) and how long did it take?

I need to travel for work but have no idea what the current time frame is.

Thanks.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: EEA4 - Time frame for return of Passport whilst waiting

Post by joelondon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Skywards wrote:Has anyone requested the return of their passport recently (ie: Sept/Oct 2008) and how long did it take?

Thanks.

[/b]hey how we doing ?
i have applied for the PR since june 2008 and i'm still waiting , i asked my lawyer to get my passport back becoz i needed it , he said that the procedure will take at least 1 month and 2 weeks , and that they stop the process of my application , so i just get over it and i cancelled my flight . let me know what's new on your case , and how long since you applied for your PR ...
good luck :cry: :twisted:

london-emma
Newly Registered

Hi there

Post by london-emma » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:39 am

I have the same problem only that mine is far stronger than yours. I applied for a residents permit in january,08 my lawyer held my passport up to march 08, i got a letter from homeoffice saying they recieved the application in march 08 but upto now oct 08 am still waiting for the passport to be returned. I got a loan from the bank at 22% apr thinking that by june the passport will be back so that i travel for business but up to now its not back. The credit crunch (The bank issue) has hit me in a way that the exchange rate has fallen drastically.
Home office is saying that they are still processing the application but in their notes, they say it will not take more than six months and my lawyer is quiet about it. He is from Nigeria and i thought he was using my passport on his private business or even copying it so i called home office and they told me they did not have the reference number format that i quoted from the letter. Am still waiting. Sorry for the long message
Take care

london-emma
Newly Registered

Hi there

Post by london-emma » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:40 am

I have the same problem only that mine is far stronger than yours. I applied for a residents permit in january,08 my lawyer held my passport up to march 08, i got a letter from homeoffice saying they recieved the application in march 08 but upto now oct 08 am still waiting for the passport to be returned. I got a loan from the bank at 22% apr thinking that by june the passport will be back so that i travel for business but up to now its not back. The credit crunch (The bank issue) has hit me in a way that the exchange rate has fallen drastically.
Home office is saying that they are still processing the application but in their notes, they say it will not take more than six months and my lawyer is quiet about it. He is from Nigeria and i thought he was using my passport on his private business or even copying it so i called home office and they told me they did not have the reference number format that i quoted from the letter. Am still waiting. Sorry for the long message
Take care

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:59 pm

joelondon wrote:
Skywards wrote:Has anyone requested the return of their passport recently (ie: Sept/Oct 2008) and how long did it take?

Thanks.

[/b]hey how we doing ?
i have applied for the PR since june 2008 and i'm still waiting , i asked my lawyer to get my passport back becoz i needed it , he said that the procedure will take at least 1 month and 2 weeks , and that they stop the process of my application , so i just get over it and i cancelled my flight . let me know what's new on your case , and how long since you applied for your PR ...
they wont stop the process we applied in April in june my wife needed here passport to travel i requested for her they said she need to call us she call them straight up and she told them she need it by 3 days asp they send it very quick and the letter they said don't send your passport back unless if we ask for it .note my wife she,s eea.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:14 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:
joelondon wrote:

Thanks.

[/b]hey how we doing ?
they wont stop the process we applied in April in june my wife needed here passport to travel i requested for her they said she need to call us she call them straight up and she told them she need it by 3 days asp they send it very quick and the letter they said don't send your passport back unless if we ask for it .note my wife she,s eea.

hey hamada how we doing ?
are you algerian ? if then salam alikoum et saha aidek kho:)
by the way how long u have been waiting for your application , as i'm still waiting for mine that due to 4 months now , no answer at all ...let me know thanks :)