ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application status not updated after going to biometric appointment?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Applepie9
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Application status not updated after going to biometric appointment?

Post by Applepie9 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:40 am

I applied and paid for my visa application on 2nd Feb, and went to my biometric appointment on 2nd March.
Today, I tried to login to see my progress and I see the following message:

'You have a few more steps before your application will be complete.'

This lead to a page asking me to book my biometric appointment (which I already did)

Is that supposed to still be there even after I completed everything from my side?
I did not receive any email or anything since my biometric appointment. No confirmation email saying I have completed my biometric, or anything similar. I also logged in to the UKVCAS website and also did not see any acknolwedgement of me going to the appointment. (the page I see is the exact same thing I see before I went to my appointment).
The last visa related email/communication I received is from the day before appointment asking me to upload additional document.

I am just afraid that something went wrong and maybe my biometric didn't go through for some reason. Or is that normal that it is radio silence after the biometric appointment?
Also, in what form of communication I will receive once Visa has been approved? Will it just show up on my mail some day? Or will I get a phone call/email with it?

Thanks in advance. :D

ps Visa I applied for is the BNO visa. And I applied inside the UK