ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Documents Documents - PLEASE HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jayen
Newly Registered

Documents Documents Documents - PLEASE HELP!

Post by jayen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Of course now that I have sent out my paperwork for my EC, I am all worried because something today dawned on me.

My tenancy agreement to show accommodations..

The company providing my housing wanted to expedite the paperwork so they e-mailed me a copy of the tenancy agreement. Because I needed to sign "in the presence of" someone, they had me sign two copies of the document (one for their records and one for mine) and include a copy of my passport for signature verification.

Because I was insistent on original documents, I had them courier back an orginal tenancy agreement (they kept one original and I kept the other).

But now I just realized that in America we don't have A4 paper (it is shorter by about 2cm). So the document I sent was on 8.5"x11" paper.

Will this cause any problems as the document is from a UK company?

It is a perfectly legitimate copy and when printed it fit perfectly inside the margins of the paper I used (hence why I didn't notice until now).

I just don't want them to think that the doc isn't legitimate because of paper size and had I thought of this problem before, I would have included a letter stating how my tenancy agreement was obtained.

My docs were sent on Friday for deliver on Monday....is there a way I can submit a letter stating how my tenancy agreement was obtained and still have it considered with my application?

If they doubt the legitimacy will they attempt to verify with the letting agent (who will, no doubt, verify with no problem)?

Is this even a problem?

PLEASE respond....few people seem to respond to my questions because I feel certain I have the weirdest circumstances that no one else goes thru. But this is just a standard doc question, so I hope someone can help.

THANKS in advance.

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:34 pm

At first glance, I can't see any reason why that should be a problem. :?

jayen
Newly Registered

Post by jayen » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:12 am

Thanks! I was hoping to hear that.

If anyone has a differing opinion, please respond with suggestions....