ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

MN1 Referee

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:20 am

Hi all,

First of all thank you all the Members and moderators for helping me in the past i got my ILR yesterday :D

I am doing MN1 form for my 3 years old daughter and for reference i got 1 Non British friend and for 2nd reference i got British (Professional) friend is that fine?

As she is under 3 years old so she is not engaged with any nursery or school and we can't get a reference from teacher.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Referee

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Contact the GP/health visitor/minister of religion etc first. If they refuse add a cover letter and explain. Arrange referees as per Adult criteria in that case. HO is not strict with referees in case of young children. Given corona, makes more understandable that parents can not be chasing GPs/health visitors but try first, otherwise explain in the cover letter.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:19 pm
Contact the GP/health visitor/minister of religion etc first. If they refuse add a cover letter and explain. Arrange referees as per Adult criteria in that case. HO is not strict with referees in case of young children. Given corona, makes more understandable that parents can not be chasing GPs/health visitors but try first, otherwise explain in the cover letter.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Thank you CULLINAN.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 am

Hi Again,

I got two more questions would be grateful if someone help.

1- One of my Reference is nit in the UK atm so if he sign and send back the form via email will that be fine?

2- If i apply today and on reference form the date is one week after the application date before the biometrics will that be ok as well?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:38 pm

1) Ideally wet signature is advised but should be okay. If HO is not happy they will ask for another referee (very less likely).

2) Yes any date before biometrics is fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zeeshi1122
United Kingdom

Post by zeeshi1122 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:38 pm
1) Ideally wet signature is advised but should be okay. If HO is not happy they will ask for another referee (very less likely).

2) Yes any date before biometrics is fine.
Thank you once again for your quick advice.