ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application Result Delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnysakhi
India

Citizenship Application Result Delay

Post by sunnysakhi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:08 pm

Dear Friends

I applied for British citizenship along with my wife and 12 year old child by online application.
My route is ILR + 1 Year 11 months. ILR was in the route Tier 2 General Visa. I paid fee on 22 November 2020. Attended biometric on 18/12/2020. I have not heard anything yet. I have seen Processing timelines and the peope who had their biometric appointments after me have got their approval.
I am getting bit worried. I would like to have some suggestion/input from the experienced person on this forum about the delay in application processing time. Is it something to be really worried, Has Covid 19 caused the delay. Thoughts shared will be highly apprciated.

pblankso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Re: Citizenship Application Result Delay

Post by pblankso » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:19 pm

sunnysakhi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:08 pm
Dear Friends

I applied for British citizenship along with my wife and 12 year old child by online application.
My route is ILR + 1 Year 11 months. ILR was in the route Tier 2 General Visa. I paid fee on 22 November 2020. Attended biometric on 18/12/2020. I have not heard anything yet. I have seen Processing timelines and the peope who had their biometric appointments after me have got their approval.
I am getting bit worried. I would like to have some suggestion/input from the experienced person on this forum about the delay in application processing time. Is it something to be really worried, Has Covid 19 caused the delay. Thoughts shared will be highly apprciated.
note that each individual application is accessed differently eg; external and internal checks may differ from country to departments. Also, the service standard is 6 months hence I see no reason to panic or be worried. Just wait for the 6months to elapse before you think of any attempt to chase for an update.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 pm

From when are 6 months counted. From date of depositing your fee or from day of biometric appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:09 am

sunnysakhi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:41 pm
From when are 6 months counted. From date of depositing your fee or from day of biometric appointment.
You can ask for an update 6 months from date of application.
Have you been checking your emails?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 am

Hi Cullinan
Yes I have been checking my email along with spam folder. Hope and pray to see good news soon.