ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU presettled status family visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayjay01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Non EU presettled status family visa

Post by jayjay01 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:11 am

Hi scholars,

I need your advice on two important questions.
First is, I am a non-EU which is member of household on my EEA brother. I got my BRP in Dec. 2019 and got my presettled status in July 2020. I got married to a non-EU outside the UK in Nov 2020. I am a qualified person with full time job of 22k per annum. I checked on the EU settlement and check if I need a visa to come to UK on because of my wife and settled or presettled status suggest she needs a family visa to come into the country.
My first question is, as a Non-EU with presettled status under EUSS, can she apply via family visa to join partner.

My second question is, I came to the UK in Nov 2016 for a conference and started living with my EEA national brother after the program and my name was on the house bill since then, but my BRP was gotten Dec, 2019. Can I apply for settled status after this November?

Thanks in anticipation.

secret.simon

Re: Non EU presettled status family visa

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 am

As an EFM, your clock to Settled Status starts from the grant of EEA Residence Card or Family Permit, regardless of any earlier residence in the UK under any other visa. So you will be eligible for Settled Status after five years of that event, assuming that you meet the continuity of residence requirements (no more than six months in a year absence from the UK).

As a person on pre-settled status, you can't sponsor your wife until you acquire Settled Status. Your EEA citizen brother could have done so before 31st December 2020, but to the best of my knowledge, there is no current pathway for your wife to be sponsored as a spouse before your Settled Status.

She can of course come to the UK on her own steam, under a Tier 2 work visa or a Tier 4 overseas student visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jayjay01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Non EU presettled status family visa

Post by jayjay01 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Thank you very much for your advice.