ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Selecting reference for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

landrover8032

Selecting reference for naturalisation

Post by landrover8032 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi, I'm applying for my boy's naturalisation. I'm currently having 3 references, two from the boy's nursery teachers, both are British; one from my colleague, who is a research fellow and not British. Can anybody please advise me which references to use? Many thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Selecting reference for naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

landrover8032

Post by landrover8032 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks Cullinan. Yes I have read that carefully but still confused when applying to my case.

If using 2 British references, the two referees are colleagues (related?) so not sure if they will be valid. If using my friend's reference, she will be the 2nd referee (the 1st needs to work with the child), but then 2nd referee will require to have British passport. So I'm not sure which two to use or another reference is needed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Referee1:
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

Referee 2:
The second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:54 pm

You can use both the nursery teachers for Referee 1 and 2 in your case. Does not matter if they are colleagues.

landrover8032

Post by landrover8032 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:37 pm

Thanks so much, Cullinan.