ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1, previously WHM visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ismscc
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1, previously WHM visa

Post by ismscc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently on a WHM (Working Holidamaker Visa) in the UK and intend to apply for Tier 1. There was a recent trend of rejections in Australia where candidates got rejected on the basis that they were working full time on their WHM and hence they breached the conditions of their WHM visa.

Is this trend still present?? Is it happening in other parts of the world? :(

If someone could shed some light it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 pm

I read an article that said the trend is happening in Australia, but not really in NZ and South Africa. There is a TNT magazine artcile on it. I think its really unfair that people are getting rejected bec they are working the full 1 year of the WHV, and given the current rejections, if I were you I would go back after 11 months or take 1 or 2 months off work and then complete the final (12th) month of work.

Alternatively you can find a new job in the final months so it looks like you are not trying to develop your career.

ismscc
Newly Registered

Post by ismscc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:16 pm

Anyone else has any updates/input on this matter please :)

Many Thanks