ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is IELTS still needed after getting unconditional offer

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jester360
Newly Registered
India

Is IELTS still needed after getting unconditional offer

Post by jester360 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:39 am

Dear Board members,

I have been trying to dig into gov.uk web links to understand if HO will ask for IELTS score even after I receive the unconditional offer letter from a legal Tier 4 sponsor, but couldn't find anything in clarity.

The university clearly states that they have assessed the English language requirement and IELTS score is not needed from my end, however i still wanted to be sure before applying for the "Student Visa". Perhaps this is a minor query which everyone knows (but not me :( ), any assistance in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Is IELTS still needed after getting unconditional offer

Post by sah10406 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:10 pm

jester360 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:39 am
The university clearly states that they have assessed the English language requirement and IELTS score is not needed from my end, however i still wanted to be sure before applying for the "Student Visa".
Your university is sponsoring your visa application and it is they who decide whether they need to see evidence of your knowledge of English. If they do require it, they will note on the CAS how it was assessed, and any evidence you will need to show. There is no separate or secret requirement to show it anyway. You seem to be over-thinking this!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jester360
Newly Registered
India

Re: Is IELTS still needed after getting unconditional offer

Post by jester360 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.