ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Ancestry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abercroft
Newly Registered

Uk Ancestry

Post by abercroft » Fri May 06, 2005 5:33 pm

I have another question.
I am moving to the Uk with a visa of UK ancestry in June. I have sole custody and parental responibilty for my 12 year old son who is going with me. I have a court order signed by a judge and myself as well as my son's father. This order is regarding a parenting plan and visitation after we move. It is obvious that the father and the judge knows and consents to the move. Otherwise there is no reason for the new plan. It states clearly that the new plan commences upon our move to the UK this summer.
My question is this:
Do I need a separate letter from my son's father stating that he knows we are moving to the UK? Seems to me, the court papers, signed by him, me and the judge is suffecient.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri May 06, 2005 5:57 pm

I suspect no one can comment conclusively on this without reviewing the paperwork in question. In principle that a judge has approved the plan means it is likely to have addressed any pertinent concerns for the parties involved thus negating the need for any further documentation from the father.

abercroft
Newly Registered

Post by abercroft » Fri May 06, 2005 6:28 pm

The papers state very clearly that I am to move to the UK- with my son- in June of 2005 and that he will join me near July 29 of 2005.
They give paticulars as to the new visitation schedule, dates and such, who pays for what and when, and even includes the same info in the event my X relocates to the UK.

We agreed to it all in court in front of the Judge, and it was officially recorded. Neither of us are allowed to change anything without our mutual consent and the approval of the court, meaning a judge.

We are now working out the specfic wording and are almost done. The final papers will be signed by myself, my X, and the Judge. I should have them with in a week or so.
Thanks for repying.