ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Tier 2 Dependent Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR via Tier 2 Dependent Route

Post by Nadiya_nad » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Hi

I obtained my British Citizenship back in 2019 via Tier 2 General Route, now my husband is completing his 5 years. He received one month temporary visa from Pakistan which was valid from 14/05/2016 up to 14/06/2016. When he came to UK on 28/05/2016, we requested his BRP and the Place & Date of issue on his BRP was UK 06/05/2016.

I want to know when can he earliest apply for ILR?

09/04/2021 (28 days prior to Date of issue on his 1st BRP issued in UK)
Or
17/04/2021 (28 days prior to Date on his one month temporary visa from Pakistan)
Or
01/05/2021 (28 days prior to Date of 1st Entry in the UK)

I also have following queries;

2. Can we complete his application online beforehand and submit it 28 days prior to his qualifying period start date, i.e. fill in the application in middle of March but submit it April/May?

3. Can we send online/electronic pdf bank statements for cohabitation proof or they accept originals?

4. Do I have to send any of my other documents other than cohabitation documents i.e. British Passport?

5. Will they need any details of my tier 2 sponsorship, i.e. license number ?

I would really appreciate response from people who successfully applied using similar route or administration as I am using this forum first time.

Kind regards
Nadiya

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR via Tier 2 Dependent Route

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Nadiya_nad wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:29 pm
Hi

I obtained my British Citizenship back in 2019 via Tier 2 General Route, now my husband is completing his 5 years. He received one month temporary visa from Pakistan which was valid from 14/05/2016 up to 14/06/2016. When he came to UK on 28/05/2016, we requested his BRP and the Place & Date of issue on his BRP was UK 06/05/2016.

I want to know when can he earliest apply for ILR?

09/04/2021 (28 days prior to Date of issue on his 1st BRP issued in UK)
Or
17/04/2021 (28 days prior to Date on his one month temporary visa from Pakistan)
Or
01/05/2021 (28 days prior to Date of 1st Entry in the UK)

I also have following queries;

2. Can we complete his application online beforehand and submit it 28 days prior to his qualifying period start date, i.e. fill in the application in middle of March but submit it April/May?

3. Can we send online/electronic pdf bank statements for cohabitation proof or they accept originals?

4. Do I have to send any of my other documents other than cohabitation documents i.e. British Passport?

5. Will they need any details of my tier 2 sponsorship, i.e. license number ?

I would really appreciate response from people who successfully applied using similar route or administration as I am using this forum first time.

Kind regards
Nadiya
1) You can use first visa issue date on BRP minus 28 days i.e. 5 years minus 28 days.

2) Yes

3) Yes. Everything is uploaded. No originals are sent.

4) Cohabitation documents for last 2 years. Should be from 3/4 different sources spread across last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months like bills, bank statements etc. Ideally in joint names but top it up if it sole names and same address. British Passport is not a cohabitation document.

5) The form asks for main applicant’s details.

It is a pretty straightforward and simple application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:21 pm

Thank you for your prompt response @cullinan, much appreciated.

So he can apply from 9th April 2021 (28 days prior to BRP issue date from UK)?

By electronic statements I meant is the one downloaded using internet banking as we have opted to not receive paper statements. So online downloaded bank statements and utility bills should be fine I assume?

Sorry for asking to reconfirm, just making sure that I understood it correctly.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:23 pm

1) Yes

2) Yes

All online evidence is accepted.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Thank you so much.

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:42 pm

Hi
Sorry to bother again, but just wanted to confirm that once my husband gets his ILR, can he straight away apply for citizenship or wait for 12 months like I did after obtaining ILR?

Someone told me since I am British Citizen now so my husband doesn’t have to wait for 12 months even if he is applying for ilr via tier 2 general dependent route?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:55 pm

Thank you Vinny. I am so glad to know that he can apply straight after he is granted ILR. :D

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:17 am

Hi Everyone

We are now filling in the SET (O) form and have few questions;

1. Form asked date of first entry in UK and no where it asked First BRP issue date and we are applying 28 days prior to BRP issue date as suggested by members of this forum, so I am confused now if we are doing the right thing, will it cause some problem? Would really appreciate if someone with similar situation who had successfully been granted ILR can respond please?

2. Form asks to provide detail of any other countries you have lived in including home country. My husband’s father was in foreign office therefore he had lived in many countries throughout his life so we provided details of all countries he lived since birth but dates are provided as per best of our knowledge and not exact, and we did mention this in the form. I hope this is ok?

3. Also if someone can clarify me that we have to only mention countries where he lived not visited?

Kind regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:58 pm

1) Input as the questions asks. HO knows the rules.
2) Approximate dates are fine. Leave a note at the end or cover letter to clarify if need be.
3) “Lived in” not visited.

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Thank you so much 😊

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadiya_nad » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:42 am

@Cullinan & @Vinny

I would like to thank you both for helping me complete my husband’s ILR application which has been approved today.

May God Bless you always.