ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting Ceremony Letter vis a vis change of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Awaiting Ceremony Letter vis a vis change of address

Post by alijafri » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 pm

Dear Experts

I applied for naturalisation in Sep 20. Got approval in email on 22/01/21. Since then it has been 3 months and I have had no contact in regards to ceremony letter since then.

It is noteworthy that I have changed my address in Feb 2021 and also filled an online form. Home Office confirmed my address was updated on system. HOwever since then I havent heard anything and no Ceremony letter received. While I acknowledge that ppl are having delays. However lots of people have got their ceremony letters much earlier. Note that I have Mail forwarding as well and also I am forwarded letters on new address too.

Anything I can do to expedite. ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Awaiting Ceremony Letter vis a vis change of address

Post by bizman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:16 pm

Try and call home office to escalate your issue. I called them on Monday and they told me they have treated approvals upto end of February so call them to see what is wrong.
Bizman

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:32 pm

thank you.

Sorry for being lazy, can you tell the number you dialled on for this issue ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:01 pm

There is a 90% chance that your ceremony invitation letter will still be sent at your old address/or email having your old address on, even if you have changed your new address with the UKVI address update service.

Many members have dealt with long delays due to address changes unknowingly that the letter is sent to the old address.

It is best to keep a contact at your old address and check with him/her regularly. Sometimes official mail is not forwarded with the mail forwarding service so you should not take any risks.

Also note, if you moved to a different council, you should attend the ceremony at the council you mentioned when you applied (your old council).

If you will tell the new council that you moved address, they will ask you to get your address updated on the ceremony invitation (given HO sends it to the old address) before you can attend the ceremony (which can take another 2/3 months).

Best advice would be to just get access to your old address and get the letter (if it is sent there) and attend the ceremony at your old council to avoid further delays (in case letter is sent to old address).

To double check call your old council and see if they have received your certificate and paperwork from HO.

Follow existing thread for similar queries:
british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... 99323.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Thank you Cullinan

Bizman - 0300 790 6268 - is this the number to speak to them ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:40 pm

alijafri wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:34 pm
Thank you Cullinan

Bizman - 0300 790 6268 - is this the number to speak to them ?
They can not help you on the phone.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi.

Bizman mentioned he spoke to them means there is some contact number.

I have emailed all 3 addresses. But no response. emailed council too.

Dont know what else to do. ANy contact number will help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:53 pm

alijafri wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:44 pm
Hi.

Bizman mentioned he spoke to them means there is some contact number.

I have emailed all 3 addresses. But no response. emailed council too.

Dont know what else to do. ANy contact number will help.
The only way is to be patient and wait. It can take 3/4 months after approval or even longer. Some members have waited 8-9 months at the start of the pandemic.

However, here is where you can contact them:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk