ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment for British citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Biometric appointment for British citizenship application

Post by Pancret27 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Hi everyone

We have just submitted my wife's UK citizenship application online. At the end of her application there was one screen where it says "SSC customers whose biometrics can be reused will receive instructions via email and will be not required to book an appointment".

I remember we wait for atleast 5 months for an HO biometric email during her ilr application but never recieved one. After such a long wait, we paid £90 for the appointment to do her biometrics.

So the question is my wife only received her ilr 2 weeks ago. I'm british citizen. She did her last biometric for her ilr on the 7th March.
So shall I book her another biometric appointment once again (paid are available)or do they really send an email of no need of your biometrics?

Thanks all for your input/advice in advance...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric appointment for British citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:05 pm

You have to book an appointment again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pancret27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pancret27 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Thankyou soo much for a quick response.

One more question in regards to the referees forms. Do I have to upload them under "other documents tab" or do we need to provide the originals at the biometric appointment? Thanks once again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:21 pm

Upload them once signed. Other tab is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.