ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work History Being an Company director and full time job as PAYE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farali786
United Kingdom

Work History Being an Company director and full time job as PAYE

Post by Farali786 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 pm

Dear All,

I hope you are keeping well and safe. I am going to apply for naturalisation. I have recently opened up a company in December 2020 and also working full time at university . So what shall I put my occupation? Shall I put as company director or full time employee of university ? And what shall I put in tax reference. I am also registered as self employee and got UTR (since July 2020) but only worked for a month. Do I have to mention this as well? I haven’t filled any tax return yet?

Could you kindly guide me please. I would be really grateful and any kind of help from seniors would be highly appreciated

Many thanks

natsha
United States of America

Re: Work History Being an Company director and full time job as PAYE

Post by natsha » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi,
You don't need to put UTR Number, ONLY you need to put you PAYE REF number,

If you are employer someone then your employer PAYE NUMBER you can find out of your payslip

if you are register company then your PAYE number if you are taking a salary from your company.

Recently I made my application as a director so I put my company PAYE Number as ref.

Any question more you can ask

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:15 pm

If you are drawing a salary from your company then you would need to put this PAYE reference number as well as your other employment(university) PAYE reference number too in Employment History.

You need to select all 3 - Director, An Employee and Self-Employed for employment type.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Thank you so much Natasha and Rambo for your kind response. I have registered my company in December 2020. I have not withdrawn any salary from my business account towards myself (no hmrc record yet) shall i still show as company director? as i do not have paye reference number as director?

Many Thanks

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:52 pm

If you have an accountant, probably get a letter from them to state the same that company was registered recently and yourself appointed as Director. And the company accounts are not due until XX-XX-XXXX date. Also if you haven't done SA Tax return before, then state your SA tax return is not due until XX-XX-XXXX date.

If you don't have an accountant yet, then provide a cover letter for above same content. And provide your other job PAYE reference number

Still you would need to select all 3 for Employment type

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:54 pm

Dear Rambo
Many thanks for your detailed answer. I really appreciate it. I need more help please. I have received SAR from HMRC regarding my employment history. There is one employer whose name is written in short from in national insurance section. I only worked few months in 2010/2011 and do not have payslip or p45. I can not identify that employers name as i need to mention the 10 years employment history for Naturalization application. Can you please suggest what to do?

Many Thanks to all of you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:18 am

No issues. Clarify in the notes at the end that you do not remember the exact details.
List your university job and the PAYE ref.
List your company and select director. The only thing is the form will only let you add ONE current job. So just list the company in the notes or cover letter.
If you are currently registered as self-employed, you need latest self-assessment tax return. If you did not file one yet (as the deadline is not over yet), clarify in the notes or cover letter too. All these hiccups can be clarified in the cover letter easily.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:29 am

Many thanks Dear Cullinan. God bless you

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Dear All,

I hope you are keeping well. I am filling AN application for naturalization and need help with the following, please? I have been asked the below after the completion of the form and in the document section.

1: "most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment". I have started as self-employed in July 2020 and I have not filed a tax return yet? the deadline for a tax return is 31 Jan 2022. what shall I provide to satisfy this requirement?

2: Referee declaration form; Do I have to get the referee to fill the declaration form along with a passport size photo with name and date of birth? Do i have to send it somewhere? If i have to upload it online then how do i show the back of the photo to show the name and d.o.b?

Could you kindly help, please?

Many Thanks in advance :).

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Dear All
Could you kindly help me with the above query please?

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:18 pm

1) Already answered.

2) It is your passport photo. Attach it on the form. Referee signs. You upload. Write the DOB/Name at the back of the photo. The form is not updated since online system came in place but just follow as it says. Keep referee forms safe till a decision is made.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Issues checking online Immigration Status after submitting naturalisation application

Post by Farali786 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Dear Members,

I hope you are keeping well. I was granted ilr in jan 2020 and applied for naturalization as fallows

Application date 1st may 2021
Biometric date: 28 May 2021.

I just checked my online immigration status online now and it says that details do not match (last time i checked was probably 4 months ago). i am bit worried if this has got something to do with my naturalization application? i had got my ilr completing 10 years as student, never refused any visa always extended my visas before time. never had any issues in the past. can you please help me please? has anyone gone through a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:06 pm

Your naturalisation application should not have any impact on your current online immigration status - it's not an immigration application as such.
There are reports relating to EU Settled Status holders from time to time who appear to have also problems with validating their status/right to work. It is likely to be a systems issue so best to try again from time to time.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks a lot alterhas58 for your kind reply. It is working fine now. I can see ilr status :) thank you so much

Farali786
United Kingdom

Forgot to mention previous application made abroad

Post by Farali786 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:05 pm

Dear All,

Hope you are well.

I have made naturalization application in May and it is still in process. I have mentioned all the applications made within the UK and forgot to mention one application for leave to enter, i applied from abroad 11 years ago. I know sometimes even an innocent mistake leads you to deception.

Can i send an email to them with the missing details? If yes then on which email address? Kindly help, please.

If you could please guide me on how to approach this to rectify this mistake?

Thanks alot in advance.