ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs - impact on dependent?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nickmpco

Changing jobs - impact on dependent?

Post by nickmpco » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi,

I have indefinite leave to remain after spending 5 years on a Tier 2 visa. My wife did not spend 5 years as a dependent on my Tier 2 visa, so she extended her Tier 2 dependent visa when I settled. She will be eligible for indefinite leave to remain shortly.

I have been offered a new job, which I am inclined to accept. Would this in any way impact my wife's dependent visa? My suspicion is no, but technically she is a dependent on my work visa and I would be moving to a new employer who was no my sponsor. I can't seem to see anything about this online.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing jobs - impact on dependent?

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:36 pm

Your job is irrelevant to her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nickmpco

Post by nickmpco » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:49 pm

Thanks - can you clarify a bit, if you don't mind, how why they permit somebody to be a work permit dependent even if the main applicant does not have a work permit? I can't get my head around it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:44 pm

A PBS dependent is dependent on their partner, not the employing sponsor!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.