ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa- Lost Job when Application in Progress

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varunvasudev93
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa UK- Category A Payslips

Post by varunvasudev93 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:50 am

Hi,

I am going to apply for my UK Spouse Visa on May 03rd and I would like to clarify few doubts about the payslips and bank statement of my wife.

My Situation:
  • Wife (Sponsor) holds ILR status Visa
  • Got her first job and started working in the UK on Nov 02, 2020 (Monday)
  • Meets the minimum financial requirement of £18,500 per annum
  • Got her first salary on Nov 25, 2020 (Full month Salary)
  • Got her first payslip on Nov 30, 2020
  • Bank Statements are generated on 02nd of every month. (03rd November- 02nd December, . . ., 03rd April- 02nd May)
  • This 6 months bank statement corresponds and shows the 6month payslip and the salary credited for each month
On May 03rd, at the time of applying, I would have
  • 6 months full payslips (Nov 2020, Dec 2020, Jan 2021, Feb 2021, Mar 2021, Apr 2021)
    6 month full bank statement ( 02nd Nov 2020- 02nd Apr 2021)
    Employer Letter for my wife
    Employement Offer Letter
    P60

My question is: Am I providing all documents and do I meet the 6 months payslip and bank statement requirement for the UK Spouse visa or should I be submitting one more payslip .?

Thanks for your help in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa UK- Category A Payslips

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 pm

The threshold to be met is £18,600 unless it was a typo. You should be fine as long as you meet the financial requirement at the date of the application plus you will complete 6 months with current employer on 2nd of May which means you can apply anytime from then.

Employment letter offer not needed
P60 not needed.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

varunvasudev93
Newly Registered
India

Post by varunvasudev93 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:48 pm

Wonderful. I was been worried about it. Thanks for the reply.

And Yes, it was a typo. She earns more than £18,600 a year.

varunvasudev93
Newly Registered
India

Post by varunvasudev93 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:15 pm

I got a response from a member in another forum. He says I cant apply until I get May month payslip.

Kindly Advise...

" The 6 months you need to show for the financial requirement will not start until the date of the first payslip, and you have to explicitly cover every single day of the 6 months using the payslips.

So, if the first payslip is dated November 30th, then the 6 months you must cover are:

30th November 2020 to 31st May 2021

This means that if you apply on May 3rd, your visa will be automatically refused, because you will only have 5 months of payslips (Nov 30th to April 30th)

Normally, to explicitly cover every day of the 6 months, you will need to send 7 months worth of payslips and bank statements.

So, in order to meet the requirements and be granted the visa you will need the following payslips and bank statements:

Payslips
Nov 30th
Dec 31st
Jan 31st
Feb 28th
Mar 31st
Apr 30th
May 31st

Bank statements
Dec 2nd
Jan 2nd
Feb 2nd
Mar 2nd
Apr 2nd
May 2nd
Jun 2nd

So, you will not be eligible to apply for visa until June 2nd, once you have the May 31st payslip and corresponding bank statement.
"

varunvasudev93
Newly Registered
India

Post by varunvasudev93 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:17 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 pm
The threshold to be met is £18,600 unless it was a typo. You should be fine as long as you meet the financial requirement at the date of the application plus you will complete 6 months with current employer on 2nd of May which means you can apply anytime from then.

P60 not needed.
I got the below response from another forum. He says I cant apply until I get my May month payslip. (i.e., 7 month payslips and 7 month bank statement)

Kindly Advise.

"The 6 months you need to show for the financial requirement will not start until the date of the first payslip, and you have to explicitly cover every single day of the 6 months using the payslips.

So, if the first payslip is dated November 30th, then the 6 months you must cover are:

This means that if you apply on May 3rd, your visa will be automatically refused, because you will only have 5 months of payslips (Nov 30th to April 30th)

Normally, to explicitly cover every day of the 6 months, you will need to send 7 months worth of payslips and bank statements.

So, in order to meet the requirements and be granted the visa you will need the following payslips and bank statements:

Payslips
Nov 30th
Dec 31st
Jan 31st
Feb 28th
Mar 31st
Apr 30th
May 31st

Bank statements
Dec 2nd
Jan 2nd
Feb 2nd
Mar 2nd
Apr 2nd
May 2nd
Jun 2nd

So, you will not be eligible to apply for visa until June 2nd, once you have the May 31st payslip and corresponding bank statement.
"

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:08 pm

varunvasudev93 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:17 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 pm

P60 not needed.
I got the below response from another forum. He says I cant apply until I get my May month payslip. (i.e., 7 month payslips and 7 month bank statement)

Kindly Advise.

"The 6 months you need to show for the financial requirement will not start until the date of the first payslip, and you have to explicitly cover every single day of the 6 months using the payslips.

Payslips
Nov 30th
Dec 31st
Jan 31st
Feb 28th
Mar 31st
Apr 30th
May 31st

Bank statements
Dec 2nd
Jan 2nd
Feb 2nd
Mar 2nd
Apr 2nd
May 2nd
Jun 2nd

"
Under CAT A, you are only required to provide 6 months payslips as per appendix FM-SE and not 7 payslips. The requirement for CAT A is to have been employed for 6 months or more in the exception of someone who is paid 4 weekly and you must have been paid for the period of 6 months at least so therefore if you have 6 months payslips and have completed 6 months with current employer, you can definitely apply without any problem.

Your most recently issued payslip in april 30thwil be within 28 days rule so I’m unsure what the other person is talking about.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

varunvasudev93
Newly Registered
India

UK Spouse Visa- Lost Job when Application in Progress

Post by varunvasudev93 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:52 am

Hi,

I have already applied for my UK Spouse Visa (Wife as sponsor) on May 04th and have also submitted my biometrics on the 11th May, 2021.

Now, my wife's company is going to restructuring and she has lost the job. She has completed 6 months and will have to leave the company at the end of 7th month. She has one month notice period and will in the same company until the end of May. She has asked her employer to keep her on furlough so that she is atleast still associated with the company.

My question is- What will happen if the employer cannot keep her on furlough and actually she changes to a different company by June 1st week.
  • Will this affect my visa decision.?
  • And what will happen if we inform this situation to the UKVI ..?
  • What are the different option we can pursue now.?
Kindly provide some advise.

Thanks in advance.

Varun