ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India - August 2008 TimeLines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nevadawipes

Re: timeline - hyd

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:21 pm

DUPLICATE POST
betterlatethannever wrote:Any one applied from Hyderabad(India) in last week of august or first week of september??? Pls post if you have any updates...

I called BHC, Chennai today and got to know that still my application is in queue. I applied on 1-Sept-08.

Request everyone to mention place from where they applied while posting timelines. It is very confusing/misleading without place applied from.

ramesh1

any progress?

Post by ramesh1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:32 pm

shubhox,Mohanfromblr as visapplier got it recently any updates for your case as you guys applied in aug?

newbee2008
Newly Registered

Re: India - August 2008 TimeLines

Post by newbee2008 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:27 am

ai_i4u wrote:I applied EC on 11th Aug 2008 From Cochin. (Under translation arrangement).

No idea about Integra verification.
Hi,

Could you please tell me what documents you submitted under transitional arrangements?

Please do write me.

Thanks

newbee2008
Newly Registered

Post by newbee2008 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:27 am

ai_i4u wrote:I applied EC on 11th Aug 2008 From Cochin. (Under translation arrangement).

Hi,

Could you please tell me what documents you submitted under transitional arrangements?

Please do write me.

Thanks

newbee2008
Newly Registered

Post by newbee2008 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:29 am

Hi,

Please do write me.

Thanks

newbee2008
Newly Registered

Post by newbee2008 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:02 am

Hi,

Please do write me.

Thanks

ai_i4u

Post by ai_i4u » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:53 am

I heard my application is processed . But still waiting for currier guy.

Applied 11th Aug
Kochi
integra varification : Don know :(
Status Changed in vfs site: 7th Oct
Result : Don know

Jo

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 am

Hi
I got a reply mail from BHC,Chennai stating that VISA is granted. Also said that I would receive the Docs in 2 days.
But I have read in several postings that status of Visa is not known to the applicant till he/she opens the Packet.
Can any body comment on this. Can I conclude that my VISA is approved?

Applied : 21-Aug-2008, VFS Banaglore, Tier-1 General
Integra Verification: 15-Sept-2008

EAGERLY WAITING FOR THE PACKET! 8) 8)

friend_333

Hi

Post by friend_333 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Mohan,

Did u sent any mail asking about status?

Thanks

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:57 am

Hi friend_333
I am almost mailing to chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk
I used to get 1 or 2 replies back (saying that they could not give approximate time frame for making a decision) per week.
On Wednesday morning, I got a different reply which said:

Visa granted. The passport has been despatched on 07/10/08.
Yours sincerely,
UK Border Agency
Visa Services
Visa Support Officer
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission,Chennai
d

Thanks & Regards
Mohan

friend_333

HI

Post by friend_333 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Mohan

Thanks for the reply.
I think Fresh tier 1 case are being considered as for now , but mine is under transitional arrangements.
So waiting to get results ....
Anywaz keep posting .....
Thanks

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:29 am

Hi Guys
can any body let me know that visa confirmation (via mail) given by BHC Chennai is sufficient to assume that the VISA is granted?
Waiting for the Courrier Guy still as 2 preeding days here in Bangalore are holidays for BluDart.

Thanks & Regards
Mohan

sharmaak
Newly Registered

chennai visa office number

Post by sharmaak » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:14 pm

visaapplier wrote:I asked the lady over the phone and she replied so.
Can you share the number please?

visaapplier
Newly Registered
India

Post by visaapplier » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:58 am

044-42192308/10

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:04 am

HI ALL
I got the Packet & my Passport is stamped from 01/11/2008 till 1/11/11.
MY HEARTIFUL THANKS TO EACH & EVERY ONE ON THE FORUM, especially senior memebers.
Here are my details:
Applied: 21-Aug-2008, VFS Banaglore, Tier-1 Fresh Application
Integra: 15-Sep-2008 (got mail from BHC that they got Integra Reoprt on this Date)
Visa Confirmation: Got mail from BHC on 08/Oct/2008 confirming VISA
Finally courrier delivered to my Home on 11/Oct/2008 as there are a couple of holidays in between

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan Rao

ramesh1

congrats

Post by ramesh1 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:56 am

Mohanfromblr i too applied in the month of aug and awaiting for the result. glad to know you got the visa and congrats.

I believe shubhox too applied in the month of aug any update shubhox yet?

shubhox
Newly Registered

Re: congrats

Post by shubhox » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:19 pm

ramesh1 wrote:Mohanfromblr i too applied in the month of aug and awaiting for the result. glad to know you got the visa and congrats.

I believe shubhox too applied in the month of aug any update shubhox yet?
Sorry for the delay in the response ramesh...yes i too got the visa finally..
got it stamped on the 7th of October...- but i went to get it from the VFS office today only...was tense since the 8th...so here are the timelines:

Applied on - 12th August 2008
Applied at - VFS Delhi
Integra - 19th August 2008
Visa stamped on - 7th October 2008

Now the struggle for dependent visa and job...

ramesh1

dependent visa

Post by ramesh1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 am

shubhox good to hear that u got visa. But for your dependents you can apply only after an year ? It's because in your application(single applicant) you might quoted that your dependents will join after an year and the reason for that. Pls shed some light on it as i am also in the same boat. Senior members pls comment.

shubhox
Newly Registered

Re: dependent visa

Post by shubhox » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:17 am

ramesh1 wrote:shubhox good to hear that u got visa. But for your dependents you can apply only after an year ? It's because in your application(single applicant) you might quoted that your dependents will join after an year and the reason for that. Pls shed some light on it as i am also in the same boat. Senior members pls comment.
ramesh, this is a news for me...but as far as i know, they can join me right away...in fact, i will be applying for my wife's visa in a couple of days..

i just checked the VAF9 and VAF 10 forms...nowhere do they mention anything about joining an year later...

please shed more light on this..

sharmaak
Newly Registered

Post by sharmaak » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:18 pm

shubhox wrote:
ramesh1 wrote:shubhox good to hear that u got visa. But for your dependents you can apply only after an year ? It's because in your application(single applicant) you might quoted that your dependents will join after an year and the reason for that. Pls shed some light on it as i am also in the same boat. Senior members pls comment.
ramesh, this is a news for me...but as far as i know, they can join me right away...in fact, i will be applying for my wife's visa in a couple of days..

i just checked the VAF9 and VAF 10 forms...nowhere do they mention anything about joining an year later...

It doesn't say that you can apply only after a year but it does say that if you plan to have your dependents join you in next 12 months, you must show proof of maintenance for dependents as well.

Here is my 2c understanding:
Now that you got the visa, you can go there. And then apply for them as dependents. When you do that, you need to go the whole 9 yards to prove that you can support them - a house big enough to house them, lease for the house, utility bills, 3 months pay slips, balance in UK acct etc. All this, will take easily 4-5 months.

But then, that's just my understanding and I'm by no means an expert on this.

sharmaak
Newly Registered

Post by sharmaak » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Mohanfromblr wrote:HI ALL
I got the Packet & my Passport is stamped from 01/11/2008 till 1/11/11.
MY HEARTIFUL THANKS TO EACH & EVERY ONE ON THE FORUM, especially senior memebers.
Here are my details:
Applied: 21-Aug-2008, VFS Banaglore, Tier-1 Fresh Application
Integra: 15-Sep-2008 (got mail from BHC that they got Integra Reoprt on this Date)
Visa Confirmation: Got mail from BHC on 08/Oct/2008 confirming VISA
Finally courrier delivered to my Home on 11/Oct/2008 as there are a couple of holidays in between

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan Rao
Mohan/Others, I've seen earlier cases too where the visa validity date was in future. Mohan, did you ask for it from 1/Nov? Wondering why would they first take 2 months to process an application and then give a date 3 weeks in future. What determines this date?

Anil.

shubhox
Newly Registered

Post by shubhox » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 pm

sharmaak wrote:
shubhox wrote:

It doesn't say that you can apply only after a year but it does say that if you plan to have your dependents join you in next 12 months, you must show proof of maintenance for dependents as well.

Here is my 2c understanding:
Now that you got the visa, you can go there. And then apply for them as dependents. When you do that, you need to go the whole 9 yards to prove that you can support them - a house big enough to house them, lease for the house, utility bills, 3 months pay slips, balance in UK acct etc. All this, will take easily 4-5 months.

But then, that's just my understanding and I'm by no means an expert on this.
oh ok....but can't my dependent apply for the visa while i am still here?
we just need to show the maintenance funds for both of us...
I thought we can do that..

ramesh1

dependent visa

Post by ramesh1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:25 pm

shubhox that is the catch there. You say in your appl that your spouse is not accompanying you in another 12 months and also you stated reason for that right(?). After getting visa if you apply then it is a contradicting statement. My friend advised me to travel to uk after and get a job and after that even we take the family in a tourist visa which is valid for max of 6 months. Is this a good option? Senior members pls guide us.

shubhox
Newly Registered

Post by shubhox » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:22 am

ramesh1 wrote:shubhox that is the catch there. You say in your appl that your spouse is not accompanying you in another 12 months and also you stated reason for that right(?). After getting visa if you apply then it is a contradicting statement. My friend advised me to travel to uk after and get a job and after that even we take the family in a tourist visa which is valid for max of 6 months. Is this a good option? Senior members pls guide us.
ramesh, i think we are getting confused here...no, i did not say that my dependent will be accompanying later, but my dependent will be going with me...hence, i gave no reason for it..
my plan is to get a job from here before leaving for the UK...

sharmaak
Newly Registered

Post by sharmaak » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:37 am

shubhox wrote: oh ok....but can't my dependent apply for the visa while i am still here?
we just need to show the maintenance funds for both of us...
I thought we can do that..
Hope so, should confirm that from VFS.