ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Upload - Additional Document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET (M) Correspondence Letter Dates

Post by nick1232728 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:35 am

Hi all

I was wondering if you guys could help me. I am struggling to choose which months to provide correspondence letters for. The SET (M) extension was granted in November 2018 and expires in June 2021. We are applying for ILR in April 2021 as the five years was met in Mid April.

This is a list of months I have tentatively selected but as you can see its seven letters not six as I cant seem to get them to cover every five months which is suggested on these forums

March 2021 - Letter 7
Nov 2020 - Letter 6
July 2020 - Letter 5
Feb 2020 - Letter 4
Sep 2019 - Letter 3
May 2019 - Letter 2
Jan 2019 - Letter 1

Could you advise which months you would select to provide documents for? - We would like to provide documents for July 2020 if possible as that's when we moved into our new house so we have a lot of joint documentation at this time

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Set (M) 5 Years Date

Post by nick1232728 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi

Quick question I am a little confused as to what date should be used when calculating the five years residency. We have gone with the date she physically entered the UK which was the 16th April 2016 but I just wanted to make sure that its right.

The first entry clearance sticker in the passport states
valid from: 04/04/16
valid until: 04/05/16
and then there is the stamp of entry over it on the 16th April 2016

I am sure we are over the five years but which one of these is the one used to calculate the time?

vinny

Re: ILR Set (M) 5 Years Date

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 pm

I think the date of initial entry would be the start date of the qualifying period under Appendix FM.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET (M) Correspondence Letter Dates

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:49 pm

nick1232728 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:35 am
Hi all

I was wondering if you guys could help me. I am struggling to choose which months to provide correspondence letters for. The SET (M) extension was granted in November 2018 and expires in June 2021. We are applying for ILR in April 2021 as the five years was met in Mid April.

This is a list of months I have tentatively selected but as you can see its seven letters not six as I cant seem to get them to cover every five months which is suggested on these forums

March 2021 - Letter 7
Nov 2020 - Letter 6
July 2020 - Letter 5
Feb 2020 - Letter 4
Sep 2019 - Letter 3
May 2019 - Letter 2
Jan 2019 - Letter 1

Could you advise which months you would select to provide documents for? - We would like to provide documents for July 2020 if possible as that's when we moved into our new house so we have a lot of joint documentation at this time

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
There is no specific requirement. You provide as much evidence you have covering the last two years from date of the application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set (M) 5 Years Date

Post by nick1232728 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:57 pm

oh that's good - so if we supply a letter of some sorts every three months or so we'll cover all bases then... thanks for your help :)

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR SET (M) Application Questions

Post by nick1232728 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Hi

I was wondering if you guys could help out on a couple of questions on the ILR application form we are confused with for my wifes ILR application.

It says 'How long has your partner lived in the UK for?' - I am a British citizen but lived in my parnters country for four years so would I put from birth, the date I returned back to the UK or my age minus the time spent out of the UK living abroad?

also with the financial requirement question is the options are
    The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
      The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
        Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
          Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

I have worked in the same job since returning to the UK always above the financial requirement and am paid a salary which is the same every month I do however get a yearly pay increase every April. This means my April pay is different (increased) to the previous months so which option would I select here?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are eager to complete our application.

Thanks guys :)

nick1232728
          Newly Registered
          United Kingdom

ILR Application (Passport Document Upload)

Post by nick1232728 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Hi All

I am currently in the process of uploading the documents to the UKVCAS website for an ILR application. I have a quick question. The required documents list doesn't actually say that the passport is needed. I assume that it obviously is but my question is do we have to scan every single page (including blanks) - the passport has 40+ blank pages.

The passport was also renewed about two years ago so I'd assume we have to upload both passports.

Thanks for all the help as ever!

Nick

CR001
          Mood:
          South Africa

Re: ILR Application (Passport Document Upload)

Post by CR001 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:55 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
          In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
          Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nick1232728
          Newly Registered
          United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application (Passport Document Upload)

Post by nick1232728 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am

thanks you for the guide that is really useful... do you know if we need to scan every single page of the passports though (including blanks)

nick1232728
          Newly Registered
          United Kingdom

Document Upload - Additional Document

Post by nick1232728 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:43 am

Hi

My wife has her biometric appointment tomorrow so we uploaded all the documents a couple of weeks ago to the online portal.

My work have sent through a P60 for last year with this months wage slip so I was thinking it might be useful to include it with the application but we have already summited the documents online.

Its not too much of a big deal as I wasn't planning on including it anyway but do you think they would scan it in at her appointment?

CR001
          Mood:
          South Africa

Re: Document Upload - Additional Document

Post by CR001 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:20 am

Supporting documents must be dated on or before the date your submit and pay online, which is the application date.

If you choose to submit a later dated payslip after the application date, you need to submit the corresponding bank statement too showing the payment into the bank account.

P60 are also not required.

Please also keep all questions in one topic. Topics now merged.
          Char (CR001 not Casa)
          In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
          Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.