ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nearly 5 months since British citienship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

verty
Newly Registered

Nearly 5 months since British citienship application

Post by verty » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi,

I applied for British citizenship as an EU citizen on the 14th of December 2020. Its nearly been 5 months since my application and I have heard nothing back about an approval from the home office. When do you usually get an email from the home office stating that your application will not be completed within the 6 months time frame? Also is it possible that you don't even get a email stating that it wont be completed within 6 months and then you need to chase?

I am becoming frustrated as my application was very straight forward and I can see people after me have applied with very little waiting times for approvals. I cant make sense of how they go thru applications. I was hoping to get an answer before June 30th so I didn't need to apply for EUSS, but now I've had to and also haven't heard anything back from that either.

osaz0062
Nigeria

Re: Nearly 5 months since British citienship application

Post by osaz0062 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:56 pm

verty wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 pm
Hi,

I applied for British citizenship as an EU citizen on the 14th of December 2020. Its nearly been 5 months since my application and I have heard nothing back about an approval from the home office. When do you usually get an email from the home office stating that your application will not be completed within the 6 months time frame? Also is it possible that you don't even get a email stating that it wont be completed within 6 months and then you need to chase?

I am becoming frustrated as my application was very straight forward and I can see people after me have applied with very little waiting times for approvals. I cant make sense of how they go thru applications. I was hoping to get an answer before June 30th so I didn't need to apply for EUSS, but now I've had to and also haven't heard anything back from that either.
I agree, I applied 31st of December and my application is very straight forward as well.
Its annoying seeing people applying after me and have been accepted, hopefully ours comes very soon

cmar2017
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by cmar2017 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 pm

I was thinking about your situation so I am happy that you have updated us.

I also thought that having already dual citizenship, my case would take longer but while my case wasn't the fastest, it was faster than expected. Application to ceremony took 95 days.

I didn't receive any post, everything was by e-mail. This would be all correspondence in question:
  • Approval e-mail - that my application was successful
  • Citizenship ceremony invitation - from Home Office, not from my council
  • I called the council the next day, they said to wait until Monday. I called Monday and they said I could do the citizenship ceremony the following day, which was a week ago.
As we are both Italian, and it seems other Italians have been approved as well, this could be a delay in the checks with Australia (I think I remember that you're from OZ, right?)

If you have now applied to the EUSS, then I think that has now changed your legal status being here, as it would technically replace the DCPR that you had previously. I don't want to scare you again, but I would contact CAB or if you can, a solicitor for like a one-hour consultation thing. I just don't want you to get a negative answer, though you have qualified.

I know waiting is a pain! I got denied my first time applying for DCPR because the lack of CSI for three months. Then I applied again and I got the initial date I had arrived, not three months later.

As it is approaching six months, you should hear something soon. Have you ever found any of their e-mails in SPAM?
The only positive thinking I have from this site is that you did apply with permanent residency at the time of your application.

Stay positive!

Omar222
Pakistan

Post by Omar222 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:04 am

I have also applied on 31st December
Still nothing
No approval nothing
Tired of waiting
I dont know when this will end 😔😔😔

Vhaelan
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Vhaelan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:17 am

verty wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 pm
Hi,

I applied on 3 Dec 2020 and got my approval only a week ago (i.e., after 4.5 months), even though had a very straightforward case too (EU citizen, 1 address, 1 job, not even a speeding ticket). Unfortunately the time it takes to get an approval is random at best. It was also frustrating for me to see people getting approved much faster, while some of them had pretty dodgy background.

Unfortunately apart from being patient not much can be done.