ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh Claim Inquiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GraceKay
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Fresh Claim Inquiry

Post by GraceKay » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:16 am

Hello all!
I submitted further submissions (for a fresh claim) at the beginning of March. I received a confirmation email saying my fresh claim had been accepted I'm now "waiting for their decision". I intend to give notice to marry in June (He's American, not British).
Here are a few questions I was hoping someone could help me answer.
1: Since my fresh claim has been accepted, what am I right now? Am I illegal? Am I still an overstayer?
2: Is the Home Office reviewing my asylum claim? Or just the evidence I've brought to them?
3: I don't mean to sound impatient, and I do not expect the process to be quick at all. But can I ask for a rough timeline of the process from fresh claim submission to decision (either positive or negative).
4: What is Discretionary leave?
As you can tell I'm new to all this, please be patient with me.