ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UsernameTaken
Newly Registered
South Africa

Proof of application

Post by UsernameTaken » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:07 am

After some advice on proof that I have applied for British naturalisation. My ILR expires at the end of May and due that I have applied for citizenship (Biometrics was done end of January) so still waiting on a response.

My issue is I work as a contractor and the company I'm working for is only willing to extend my contract up until my current visa date. I read UK law allows 6 months of working while applications are processed but is there any letter I can get from them saying this or is the payment confirmation letter the only thing I'm going to be able to use as proof?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm

ILR as such doesn't expire - it's the card that expires - so just apply for a new one and you should get a reference number for the application, I believe. Naturalisation application whilst in progress doesn't confer any residency rights - it's not an immigration application. So you still need to have your proof of ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:53 pm

There’s no requirement for a company to recheck a valid ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UsernameTaken
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by UsernameTaken » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm
ILR as such doesn't expire - it's the card that expires - so just apply for a new one and you should get a reference number for the application, I believe. Naturalisation application whilst in progress doesn't confer any residency rights - it's not an immigration application. So you still need to have your proof of ILR.
Thanks - its a permanent residence card and looks like I need to apply for the EU Settlement scheme as they not renewing them. Will get applying now.