ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change SET(LR) to SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tom14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

change SET(LR) to SET(O)

Post by tom14 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:18 pm

Dear all, I wanted to apply for an ILR through Global Talent route but by mistake I applied to Set (LR) (long leave). I have paid the fees and my biometric appointment is on 10/5/21. I realised my mistake today. Can any body guide me how to switch from Set (LR) to Set (O)? Or do I need to cancel my application and biometric appointment? Would I get refund in that case?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: change SET(LR) to SET(O)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:40 pm

When does your current visa expire?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tom14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tom14 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:38 pm

In April 2022

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:43 pm

You can withdraw your application before biometrics. You will get a refund in due course. You will have to cancel your UKVCAS biometrics appointment also. If it was a paid appointment, you will get a refund minus £10 admin fee if cancelled up to 48hrs before the appointment.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Apply on the correct form as a fresh new application. You will have to complete the process and book a biometrics appointment again.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tom14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tom14 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:27 am

Thanks for the reply

WorryWart123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by WorryWart123 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:43 pm
You can withdraw your application before biometrics. You will get a refund in due course. You will have to cancel your UKVCAS biometrics appointment also. If it was a paid appointment, you will get a refund minus £10 admin fee if cancelled up to 48hrs before the appointment.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Apply on the correct form as a fresh new application. You will have to complete the process and book a biometrics appointment again.
Hi Cullinan,

I can see you've posted in a few threads about the process of cancelling a visa and getting a refund. Is this something you have experience with?

I have a Tier 2 Work Visa that expires next year. I just applied for a Family Route Unmarried Partner Visa, but now want to withdraw my Partner visa application and need a refund. I haven't yet attended my biometric appointment. I have a biometric appointment scheduled for Tuesday but can cancel. I just don't want to cancel if I wont' get the refund; otherwise, I'll go through with the visa. I'm also worried if withdrawing this application will affect my current status on my Tier 2 visa (still have a year left). Do you know if I will be fine keeping my Tier 2 Work Visa (I don't see why not as it doesn't expire yet, but I don't want to create any issues on the system)? I've read the government guidance and think I can withdraw and get a refund but I don't know if I'm missing something?

Thank you!

nraha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nraha » Sun May 23, 2021 12:12 am

Hi tom14,

I made the same mistake but learnt about it from Homi Office just a couple of days ago.
I wonder how did you mix up the forms? I checked my checklist for the ILR application and the link (as I think so!) that I used was
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o

Probably, I just made an error. But maybe there is a checkbox to some question that I did wrong? I appreciate if you share your experience.