ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Appointment availablity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JackL7
Newly Registered
Korea South

ILR SET (O) Guidance

Post by JackL7 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:57 am

Hi all,

I am looking for guidance for ILR SET (O) from Gov website.

I have seen guidance document for long residence ILR in PDF format, but I can not find ILR SET (O) on the website.

Is there any guidance document for ILR SET(O)?

Could you share the location of this document, please?

Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR SET (O) Guidance

Post by manci » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:34 am

assuming you are on a T2 or Skilled worker visa read the Settlement section in this document:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

and also https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

JackL7
Newly Registered
Korea South

UKVCAS Appointment availablity

Post by JackL7 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi all,

I have submitted my SET O application with priority service.
Then it moved to the UKVCAS website for uploading documents and arrange appointments for visits.

However, there is no available slot in May around London. Is this meant to be difficult to book? As far as I know, people book the UKVCAS slot within a few days after submitting an application.

Any suggestion on how to deal with it?

Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Appointment availablity

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1am BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Follow for similar queries:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 99639.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nick1232728 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Same issue here... I don't want to pay for an appointment, I've paid enough and leave is extended once the application is made anyway so I'm not going to be pressured into it.

Seems that free appointments are in the middle of weekdays which is fine for us but appointments are only released 28 days in advance. I am available on the 28th May so hopefully I'll find an appointment when I look tomorrow as there is stuff available on 27th May but the next day hasn't been released yet

It was so much easier when you just popped down to the post office and set the documents in the post!!!

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nick1232728 » Sat May 01, 2021 11:03 am

Just booked the appointment - one question is says

5.2. Who should attend the appointment?
All the customers named on the application must attend your appointment with you.
Please only bring named applicants with you to your appointment. For any exceptions where one
additional person may be permitted please see the options below

Do I need to attend the appointment (I am the spouse sponsoring the visa) or is it just the applicant needed?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 3:02 pm

nick1232728 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:03 am
Just booked the appointment - one question is says

5.2. Who should attend the appointment?
All the customers named on the application must attend your appointment with you.
Please only bring named applicants with you to your appointment. For any exceptions where one
additional person may be permitted please see the options below

Do I need to attend the appointment (I am the spouse sponsoring the visa) or is it just the applicant needed?
You are tagging your questions onto someone else’s topic.
Please keep your similar questions in the following thread:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nick1232728
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nick1232728 » Sat May 01, 2021 3:54 pm

sorry, i will post in the correct thread :)

JackL7
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by JackL7 » Sun May 02, 2021 12:11 am

Thank you Cullina,

I will check the website regularly if there is an available slot to book.
However, I am willing to pay for premium service if there is an earlier one but this premium slot is also now not available in May.

Is it usual? One of my friends had a slot just the right a day after submitting his application. So is this his luck?

Thanks!
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:27 pm
Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1am BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Follow for similar queries:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 am

Just to clarify, do not confuse the Super priority service (SP) with UKVCAS appointment slots.

SP is provided by UKVI and the time count starts after biometrics appointment.

Biometrics appointments are provided by UKVCAS on behalf of UKVI.

There are free (very less) or paid slots upon availability. Biometrics appointments run at a 28 days lag these days due to corona delays.

There are options between core centres, enhanced centres and premium lounge. All provide the same service with some added perks for example, comfortable sofas or privacy at a premium lounge, scanning service included in enhanced centre etc. The fees depends on the centre option you choose.

Your friend might be lucky to get next day appointment (or it maybe before corona). Given corona, availability is drastically affected.

You will need to test your luck looking different centres and different locations. If you do not mind paying around £250 for biometrics look for premium lounges also. Maybe you will get an earlier slot there upon availability.

Croydon Lansdowne usually has better availability if you do not mind travelling (in case you live far).

Mems24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mems24 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:55 am

Hi Cullinan,

Just paid for the super priority for SET LR and realised UKVCAS runs 28 days late:(

I have two questions with regards to booking UKVCAS appointments

- when are new slots released?
- do enhanced centre appointments definitely cover uploading the documents( intend to book Guildford)?

Your help is much appreciated,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 am

Mems24 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:55 am
Hi Cullinan,

Just paid for the super priority for SET LR and realised UKVCAS runs 28 days late:(

I have two questions with regards to booking UKVCAS appointments

- when are new slots released?
- do enhanced centre appointments definitely cover uploading the documents( intend to book Guildford)?

Your help is much appreciated,
This is not a general thread. This is user @JackL7’s thread. Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s thread.
For generic questions, follow:

JackL7
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by JackL7 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:41 pm

Thank you for your information Cullinan,

You are correct, my friend case was before the Covid pandemic.

But now, as you said, there will be some gap between the ILR application submit date and the Biometric appointment date.

So I have booked the enhanced centre for 29th May in Victoria, London.

From this, I have a question about the date in documents required to submit when I visit the UKVCAS centre.

All of my document is issued on 24th April from my work and my appointment is on the 29th of May. There is more than 30 days gap between the document issued date and appointment. As I have seen somewhere all document should be issued within 30 days.

Does it mean my company needs to reissue all documents or it does not matter 30 days rule apply to the application submission date?

Thank you in advance.
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 am
Just to clarify, do not confuse the Super priority service (SP) with UKVCAS appointment slots.

SP is provided by UKVI and the time count starts after biometrics appointment.

Biometrics appointments are provided by UKVCAS on behalf of UKVI.

There are free (very less) or paid slots upon availability. Biometrics appointments run at a 28 days lag these days due to corona delays.

There are options between core centres, enhanced centres and premium lounge. All provide the same service with some added perks for example, comfortable sofas or privacy at a premium lounge, scanning service included in enhanced centre etc. The fees depends on the centre option you choose.

Your friend might be lucky to get next day appointment (or it maybe before corona). Given corona, availability is drastically affected.

You will need to test your luck looking different centres and different locations. If you do not mind paying around £250 for biometrics look for premium lounges also. Maybe you will get an earlier slot there upon availability.

Croydon Lansdowne usually has better availability if you do not mind travelling (in case you live far).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 10:48 pm

No. Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Your documents should be dated according to date of application not biometrics date.