ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received less duration of "Leave to Remain" for ICT Dependant Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arjain15
Newly Registered
India

Received less duration of "Leave to Remain" for ICT Dependant Visa

Post by arjain15 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:05 am

Hi,

My organization had applied for my ICT visa for 2 years along with my wife's dependant visa for 2 years. They had also paid similar IHS (for 2 years) for both of us. The Vignettes received by us have the same validity but the letter received along with passport mentions "Leave to remain" for only 1 year for my wife although I have received complete 2 years leave to remain.

Why is my wife's "leave to remain" period under ICT Dependant visa less than me? Do we have to file another visa extesion for my wife once we are in UK?

vinny

Re: Received less duration of "Leave to Remain" for ICT Dependant Visa

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:50 am

Conditions and period of grant for a dependent partner or dependent child on the Intra-Company routes
IC 23.1. The grant will be subject to all the following conditions:
  • (a) no access to public funds; and
  • (b) work (including self-employment and voluntary work) permitted; except for employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach); and
  • (c) study is permitted, subject to the ATAS condition in Appendix ATAS; and
  • (d) if Part 10 applies the applicant will be required to register with the police.
IC 23.2. A dependent partner will be granted permission which ends on the same date as the person (P) who is their partner and has permission on an Intra-Company route.

IC 23.3. A dependent child will be granted permission which ends on the same date as whichever of their parents’ permission ends first.
I suspect that the letter was mistyped.

If wife’s BRP’s period differs from yours, then see also Correcting an incorrect endorsement: ECB19.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arjain15
Newly Registered
India

Post by arjain15 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks, for your reply @vinny.

Should I wait till I arrive in UK and get my BRP card to take any action? And if the date on BRP card is same as mentioned in letter, then I should follow the steps mentioned here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-ecb19 to get the date corrected?

arjain15
Newly Registered
India

Post by arjain15 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi,

Just an update for everyone so that it's helpful for the members.

I reported this discrepancy with my employer and they followed up with UK consultancy and today my wife has got the updated decision letter in email from UK Visa with same Leave to Remain date as mine. So, all good now.