ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About ccj

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ms2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

About ccj

Post by Ms2020 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:42 am

Morning all just the quick questions has anyone got refusal of SET (LR) due to ccj

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: About ccj

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:19 am

The Home Office grounds for refusal outlines the following guidance for case officers presented with an applicant with a CCJ:

You must not refuse an application only because a person is in debt, especially if repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. However, where a person deliberately and recklessly builds up debts, and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, you must refuse under character, conduct, and associations grounds.”
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0EXT.PDF

The Home Office policy, therefore, is that debt is typically not a reason on its own for refusal. It may add to the case for refusal if you have not disclosed a CCJ currently on the register. If, on the other hand, you have built up a large debt and have not worked out a repayment plan with the person you owe money to, then there is a strong likelihood of refusal of your ILR application based on your character and conduct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:36 am

To add some more info here: Debt is mostly a civil issue. ILR is largely unaffected by debt unless you owe the NHS or piled up debt recklessly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ms2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ms2020 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Thank you both for information

Ms2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: About ccj and name change

Post by Ms2020 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 pm

Good evening all actually I change my name in 2017 and applied for SET (LR) will they check my both names or only new name because my old name got 1 ccj which I didn’t declared in application please advice me will it effect my application
Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: About ccj and name change

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:39 pm

Ms2020 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 pm
Good evening all actually I change my name in 2017 and applied for SET (LR) will they check my both names or only new name because my old name got 1 ccj which I didn’t declared in application please advice me will it effect my application
Thank you in advance
You are supposed to declare all your previous names in the form.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ms2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ms2020 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:17 am

I declared my name but I didn’t declare ccj on old name