ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) decision taking longer than expected

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

FLR(M) decision taking longer than expected

Post by ruzfactor » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Hello all,
My wife is switching from Tier 2 Dependant to Spouse visa FLR(M), as I received my ILR last November. We applied on 2 January 2021 and biometrics were done on 19 February 2021. It's almost 4 months now, since the submission. We are getting worried now.

On 14th February 2021, she received a generic email from HO, where it was mentioned that:
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

Should we escalate the process? Is it through the local MP or HO have a number? Any advice would help. Thanks.

TerryGH
Chile

Re: FLR(M) decision taking longer than expected

Post by TerryGH » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:40 pm

There are people waiting for almost a year, mostly those switching from Tier type visas to FLR (M).
You should definitely try to escalate, but it doesn't always help.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Sat May 01, 2021 11:43 am

I thought switching from Dependant visa to FLR(M) would be easier. That definitely needs chasing, as her employer has notified that the current leave which was automatically extended (IA 3c) will expire on July.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 01, 2021 11:48 am

ruzfactor wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:43 am
I thought switching from Dependant visa to FLR(M) would be easier. That definitely needs chasing, as her employer has notified that the current leave which was automatically extended (IA 3c) will expire on July.
Her residence status continues to be covered under Section 3c of the Immigration Rules while the FLR(M) application is being
processed. She can continue to work legally until there is a decision.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.