ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptional Assurance Tourist Visa Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minxclaws
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Exceptional Assurance Tourist Visa Extension

Post by minxclaws » Sat May 01, 2021 12:31 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen and my mother is an Egyptian citizen who currently holds a two year visitor visa. This was granted in 2019 and expires June 2021. She has travelled to the UK two weeks ago for the arrival of my baby and to help me out with the new arrival. I have read on the government website that we can apply for exceptional assurance which allows a 30 day extension on the deadline through their email.

Has anyone used the email before? Did you get representation via a lawyer? How successful has the application been?

For the record, she has never overstayed in the last ten years.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Exceptional Assurance Tourist Visa Extension

Post by iwolga » Sat May 01, 2021 12:51 pm

Exceptional assurance is to be used when returning to the country of origin is impossible due to COVID. It looks like there are plenty of flights (direct and indirect) still flying to Egypt.

You can apply to extend her visit though https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-vis ... -your-stay.

minxclaws
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Exceptional Assurance Tourist Visa Extension

Post by minxclaws » Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 am

Thanks very much for your response.

I’ve contacted a few solicitors and they recommended the exceptional assurance route.

I’m not sure if this will be a strong enough case