ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Application

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 3:09 pm

Welcome. It would be great if you could please list down a summary of your journey at your convenience. It will be helpful for many in your situation. The forum does not have a lot of examples for MN1 application abroad.
For example - the timelines, the procedure, the referees you used, biometrics, documents sending procedure/deadlines/originals/photocopies etc.
Thank you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Sun May 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Sure Cullinan, for anyone facing same situation would like to share my experience:

One parent granted ILR in October,2020. Child born in U.K. in Dec 2014 but residing in India with Grandparents since December 2016.

I applied online MN1 under section 1(3) of BNA on 10th November,2020. Mentioned that child is residing in India and gave details of her grandmother as responsible adult who will accompany her during biometrics. After finishing it provided document check list and Liverpool address where documents had to be posted.

Because of uncertain Covid times, I did not wanted to send my original documents just in case I need to travel in emergency. I got my daughter’s coloured passport copies via post from India, all pages were attested by magistrate . On 23rd November I sent all documents required as coloured photocopies , I did not attest any document in U.K.I also wrote cover letter and explained why I sent only photocopies but also mentioned in case they require original documents for cross verification, they can ask me via email /post/phone.

I was anxious because daughter’s passport was expiring on 8th December,2020. Wrote email to Nationality Biometrics overseas team and requested if I can get her biometric letter before expiry of her passport. On 12th December,2020 received biometric letter via email . Booked appointment online at VFS, New Delhi. On 21st December she gave her biometrics. Officials in Delhi were bit reluctant as passport had expired and their systems were not accepting application . I passed on email to them and mentioned that Home Office authorities have been made aware of passport expiry and post that they sent biometric letter.At last it was sorted.

It was long wait , in March,2021 I sent them email requesting her certificate to be sent to U.K. address. On 20th April ,2021 caseworker asked me to confirm address. On 27th April received all photocopies. On 1st May finally received her registration certificate.

Hope it helps anyone.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience. It will be helpful for others in a similar situation.

I hope and wish your daughter’s British Passport is processed soon also and she joins you in UK.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 9:50 pm

I would urge you add a cover letter, given the current corona situation in Delhi, you can request for expedition of your daughter’s British passport so she can come to UK sooner than later. It may work.

Raveena
India

Post by Raveena » Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 am

Thanks Cullinan will definitely try. Will update about passport journey. If you are aware of anyone who in recent times or previously applied child British passport from India,will be helpful to read through.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Raveena wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 am
Thanks Cullinan will definitely try. Will update about passport journey. If you are aware of anyone who in recent times or previously applied child British passport from India,will be helpful to read through.
Probably OP can help with the process?

british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... 15901.html

british-citizenship/new-born-baby-in-in ... 12533.html

You may want to search the forum for more cases.