ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for child under section 1(3)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VKandi
Newly Registered
India

BC for child under section 1(3)

Post by VKandi » Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Hi,

First of all, BIG THANKS to Immigration Boards for helping me clarify my doubts during ILR application.
I just received my ILR on 10 year long term basis.

My child was born in UK and is 2 years old.

I was trying to register him as BC under section 1(3) using following link but it is so confusing.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

To start with,
1) Who should be the applicant? Me or child (I am the one filling the form and child can't, so, I have given my details)
2) It asks for last 5 years addresses of the applicant and makes it mandatory. Why does it not consider infants who are younger then years? Should I give my address details?
3) It asks for partner details of the child and is mandatory?! how to skip this.

It is so confusing on how to fill this form. Am I filling he right form? Is there any guide to fill the form somewhere?

Please help me. Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC for child under section 1(3)

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:11 pm

As far as I understand:
1) The child is the applicant.
2) Just give the address as is over child's life.
3) Not sure about "partner" details - perhaps you can state n/a?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm

1) It is the child’s details not yours as @alterhase58 said. You are only filling on child’s behalf.
3) If you will choose the correct option as “single” it will not ask partner’s details.

Also there is a possibility that partner details are coming up as you entered your own details (including DOB) rather than child’s details!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

VKandi
Newly Registered
India

Post by VKandi » Mon May 03, 2021 2:11 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
So, I assume I am filling the right application.
If I answer the question 'Have you lived at your current address for 5 years?' to 'yes' then the additional addresses are not asked. But for a 2 year old is this answer fine or can it result in application rejection?
Date of birth is not there before this section.

Answering the question 'What is your relationship status?' removed partner details. Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Not a problem - the caseworker will know the age of the child.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 pm

3) It asks for partner details of the child and is mandatory?! how to skip this.

Where did you get this question? Can you type the full question here? I just checked my kid's MN1 draft form and couldn't find anything like that. Did you mention that your child's relationship status is single?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:03 pm

srsw wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 pm

Where did you get this question? Can you type the full question here? I just checked my kid's MN1 draft form and couldn't find anything like that. Did you mention that your child's relationship status is single?
I understand the OP started MN1 inputting his own details (believing he is the applicant on behalf of child) instead of child's details - which triggered the question. Corrected now.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri May 07, 2021 11:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:03 pm
srsw wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 pm

I understand the OP started MN1 inputting his own details (believing he is the applicant on behalf of child) instead of child's details - which triggered the question. Corrected now.
Ah, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.