ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Childs British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Application for Childs British Citizenship

Post by anithap » Tue May 04, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi Team,

I am a ILR holder and my spouse is currently on TIER-2 ICT LONG TERM LEAVE TO REMAIN. Our son is currently a dependent to my spouse as PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN and has an end date in line with my spouse's visa end date.

We are now planning to apply for British Citizenship for my son and the current timeline indicate this may take up to 6 months to process. Also we need to change my spouse visa from Tier 2 ICT to ILR dependent. We are not sure which application (spouse's movement to ILR dependent or Sons British Citizenship) should be sent first in order to avoid any illegal stay for our son.

secret.simon

Re: Application for Childs British Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Where was the child born and how old are they?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:22 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:21 pm
Where was the child born and how old are they?
Child was born in the UK

indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-term-il ... l#p1976033
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 04, 2021 8:24 pm

As child is born in the UK (and assuming that they are under the age of 10), an overstay will not impact their registration as a British citizen. They have an entitlement to register as a British citizen, subject to good character requirements if over the age of 10.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anithap » Tue May 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot for your response,

yes child is under 10 and born in UK, But if we had to travel out of UK for any reason, will my son be able to enter UK, provided me in ILR and Spouse in ILR dependent?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:32 pm

anithap wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:31 pm
Thanks a lot for your response,

yes child is under 10 and born in UK, But if we had to travel out of UK for any reason, will my son be able to enter UK, provided me in ILR and Spouse in ILR dependent?
If he doesn't have a valid visa, no he won't be able to return to the UK. He won't even be able to board a plane.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.