ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa extension queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Family visa extension queries

Post by mansoorb » Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 pm

Hi,

My wife and son visa are about to expire in June end and I have to apply for a 2.5 yr extension. I'll be thankful if someone can shed some light on my below query. They came first with me back in July 2008 but due to gap in their stay in between they have to go via long term route to apply for ILR which is 2.5 yrs from now.

1. Will my wife have to appear for an English proof test again? If so, which one? She did appear for B1 at the time of applying last time 2.5 yrs back
2. Will my son apply as my wife dependant or mine?
3. Is it easy to apply myself or I should go via a solicitor? Their case is not complex, its straight forward
4. Do you have any contact of a solicitor who can review my documents and online application?
5. Do I still submit my original documents to the Home office via post?
6. Considering the current COVID situation, is there same day service available?

Thanks
Mansoor