ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Date of Birth Mistake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rohanmj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Referee Date of Birth Mistake

Post by rohanmj » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:15 am

Hello,

I have submitted my online application and will be attending my biometrics appointment (enhanced service) in a couple of weeks.

I just realised that the date of birth of one of my referees was incorrect on the form. It should be 15-07-1973 and I typed 12-07-1972. Don't ask me how I did it but it's an innocent mistake and I'm losing sleep over it. :shock:

I am planning to change the date of birth manually and upload it with a cover letter, but is there anything else I can/should do. I have let the referee know too. For example, calling or emailing the Home office? Also does making a mistake like this affect the application?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee Date of Birth Mistake

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:20 am

Upload your explanatory note - you should be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rohanmj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rohanmj » Wed May 05, 2021 8:47 pm

Thank you! One other question, if I may, as I upload documents...

I am a non-EEA citizen which means I need to upload scans of my passport to prove 5 years of residence. I have had 2 passports (had to renew in Sep 2016) since the qualifying period. Should I upload both passports or just the stamps from the older passport that come within the 5 year period?

I hope that made sense!

(For reference, I got my ILR in 03/2018.)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm

Both passports to cover the last 5 years. Stamped pages and biomtric pages
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rohanmj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rohanmj » Wed May 05, 2021 9:06 pm

Thanks, so just to clarify - For the older passport I need to upload the entire passport with all the stamps (some go back to 2007) or just the ones that cover the last 5 years?