ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***Need Urgent Help***

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

themagger

***Need Urgent Help***

Post by themagger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 am

Hi all,
i applied with VFS Delhi yesterday.
While going through the forums and reviewing my docs which is submitted yesterday, i think that i have committed a mistake...or i have done something which might confuse my CW.

In section 3.1 of the appendix1, in the field qualification, I have filled - Bachelor of Engineering. Now the thing is, the qualification i have filled is correct, but on the BIA self assessment tool, it comes under Bachelor degree(minimum four years programme). :(, though in the duration of study column i have written the duration as 4 years, from aug-2001 to Jul-2005, but m really tensed now, that the CW may get confused, since i did not fill this according to the text written in the BIA self assessment tool

Though i have provided a print out of Self Assessment tool, showing the type of degree to be selected, and have provided original degree certificate and transcripts, but m still tensed. Please advice. How can i tell them to change that Qualification field in my Appendix1 , from "Bachelor of Engineering" to "Bachelors degree(minimum four year programme)".

Please give me the contact for BHC, i called up VFS...as expected it was useless, they are never aware of any procedure.
Please help

:(

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 am

Hey,

I can understand that u r tensed. By the looks of it, it is ok with me and I strongly believe that CWs are extremely sensible.

A good idea is pl write a very clear letter/mail explaining your concern to BHC and since it is a oversight issue, they will definetely consider.

Pl ensure to write clearly by points to them - maybe ask ur friends/family members to read it and confirmed that it is very clear to understand.

Again, ensure that the letter is clear to understand for them.. attach print-outs to support.

themagger

Post by themagger » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:03 am

thanks a ton sunny, i too want to believe that case workers are sensible, but by reading some horror stories on the board, it appears that they do sometimes overlook the information.

To which email id should i send my mail? i filed my case with VFS New delhi, so i guess it would be reviewed by BHC New Delhi, can any one provide me with the contact email address of the BHC. I have read a posts on this forum in which ppl have conversed with BHC, but i cant locate the email addresses.

Senior members, please advice and help.

themagger

Post by themagger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:21 am

no replies.. :(, except Sunny's -thanks mate

to clarify again, in the section 3.1 of Appendix1, in the qualification field i wrote "Bachelor of Engineering", whereas in the BIA tool u have to select "Bachelors degree(minimum four year programme)" as there is nothing like Bachelor of Engineering, and then select Engineering, though in the Duration of study in the appendix1 i have written 4 years.

Will this cause a problem, if yes, wat should i do now? Or they will use their brains, and take care of this thing.
My degree is Engineering from University of Delhi, pretty well known. :|

Please please, advice.
Mehta sir, comments please...anyone,

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

qualification

Post by ssheik » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

Hi ,
Did you see any postings on this forum which suggest a different way of completing section 3.1?
I, for one, think that you have filled it the right way.
If you have sent the print out of the calculator tool, there is no need to be concerned at all.
Regards
Sami.

themagger

Post by themagger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks a ton Sami,:)
i hope you understood my problem clearly. as "ideally" i "should" have filled "Bachelors degree(minimum four year programme)".
Actually, i have not read any way of filling up section 3.1 of the appendix. In fact, there is no official guidance document for it also. But they do say that fill it after assessing yourself on the self assessment tool. So i was just making 2+2=4, and thought that one has to fill up the qualification field, in exact congruence with the self assessment calculator. Though it is very simple, since i have mentioned the duration as 4 years, but i was just skeptical ... what if the CW decides to find my qualification as per what i have written in the qualification section in the appendix, Ideally he should search it according to the evidence i have provided(Original Degree and Transcripts of four years,) . Am i being super duper pessimistic.? :?
I too want to avoid any mailing or nagging to the BHC. :(
damn it, :? , m totally confused.
Thanks but, you helped me reducing some of my tension .:)

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

qualification

Post by ssheik » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey,
I too had a look at the guidance document to see any info on how to fill section 3.1 but couldnt find anything helpful. So it must be business as usual for that section, which is filling the information from your original degree document.
If I were you, I would stay put without sending any additional info to them and just wait for the result.
I dont believe your chances of getting approval are dependent on section 3.1.
I too was in your position 3 years ago; so I do understand what you must be going through. Just go out and have a bit of fun to take your mind off this application process.
Hopefully you will get your approval soon!!.
Regards,
Sami.

themagger

Post by themagger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:56 pm

:)
m feeling much better.
Thanks a ton. I would avoid sending them useless mails, and shall wait for the results now.
Thanks a ton everyone.
Keeping my fingers crossed. :)
Kind regards.