ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname change after marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Surname change after marriage

Post by rain_ » Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Hi,

I am filling out my application for British Citizenship, I am a little bit stuck on this question and was hoping if anyone could please provide some help?

Details of your other name
  • If you legally changed your name, when did you do this (if applicable)?
My surname changed after marriage, however there was no official court order or legal change. The surname on my passport is my husbands surname. For this part shall I leave it blank, or shall I give them our marriage date?

Many thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Surname change after marriage

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 04, 2021 9:41 pm

What are you filling in? As long your passport and brp is in your married name, you do not have to make it complicated.
If you are listing your other name (maiden name) in the form as it asks, just put marriage date as name change date.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Two Referee's From the Same Company

Post by rain_ » Fri May 07, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi, I am in the process of making a British Citizenship application, may I please have some help on the following question please.

Both of my referees work in the same company. They are both my husband's colleagues, one of them is an engineer, the other is the financial director/ director of the company. They are both British citizens and they are not relatives of each other. They have known me through my husband for the past 6 years, and we have also on a few occasion's gotten together for dinner outside of my husbands work.

They have both agreed to help support me as referee's. I just want to make sure there won't be any issues having two referee's from the same company?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Surname change after marriage

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:11 pm

No issue if from same company - same here.
Presumably the Financial Director can be the professional referee (they are often qualified accountants), the Engineer the other on.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS Passport Uploads

Post by rain_ » Sat May 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Can anyone please advise if it's OK to upload the same passport scans that I used to apply for my ILR last year? Due to Covid, my husband and I haven't been anywhere, so there have not been any changes to either of our passports. I was hoping to use these scans again and hopefully save ourselves some time. Many thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 22, 2021 7:24 pm

rain_ wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:51 pm
Can anyone please advise if it's OK to upload the same passport scans that I used to apply for my ILR last year? Due to Covid, my husband and I haven't been anywhere, so there have not been any changes to either of our passports. I was hoping to use these scans again and hopefully save ourselves some time. Many thanks!
Yes its fine. As long there are no additional trips/stamps the scans would not change.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rain_
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rain_ » Sat May 22, 2021 7:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:24 pm
rain_ wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:51 pm
Yes its fine. As long there are no additional trips/stamps the scans would not change.
Many thanks Cullinan, always thankful for the help you guys provide on this forum. Not sure how we would have made it through all this without your support.