ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay is FLR M extension decision

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samgam23
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Delay is FLR M extension decision

Post by samgam23 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 am

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance here.

Bit of background.

My initial Spouse/ partner leave to remain expires(d) on 16Jan21. Hence I paid for (IHS included) and applied for my extension online on 25Dec20 and did my biometrics at Croydon UKVCAS on 21Jan21. I received the Covid delay email on 05Feb21. Since then I havent heard anything about my application despite numerous calls to UKVI (standard answer being cannot provide an update due to covid delays). I have complained through the UKVI complaints channel and even written to my MP. But haven’t heard back from anyone.

Is there anything else I could do as it has been over 4 months since I applied and over 3 months since my biometrics and over 90 days (excluding weekends and bank holidays) since I applied on 25Dec20.

Please, any suggestion to help me would be welcome.

Thanks you all very much in advance.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Delay is FLR M extension decision

Post by lesleym » Wed May 05, 2021 5:38 pm

Our timeline is similar, submitted online application on 23/12, biometrics done 20/1, delay email received 7/2. My husband called to escalate a couple of weeks ago and the day after received an email saying the application is being processed and there’s no timescales for approval. I am in a facebook group and there is a lot of people who applied around the same time who are still waiting. There are also quite a few people who have been waiting as far back as July. There doesn’t really seem to be much you can do other than be patient and wait unfortunately.

samgam23
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by samgam23 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 am

Hi lesleym,
lesleym wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:38 pm
Our timeline is similar, submitted online application on 23/12, biometrics done 20/1, delay email received 7/2. My husband called to escalate a couple of weeks ago and the day after received an email saying the application is being processed and there’s no timescales for approval. I am in a facebook group and there is a lot of people who applied around the same time who are still waiting. There are also quite a few people who have been waiting as far back as July. There doesn’t really seem to be much you can do other than be patient and wait unfortunately.
Hi lesleym,

Thanks for your reply. I suppose numerous others are in a similar situation. However, I wrote to my MP a week or so ago and got a response late last evening saying the MP's office has escalated my issue with UKVI. Let's see what comes out of it. All the best with your application!

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm

samgam23 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 am
Hi lesleym,
lesleym wrote:
Hi lesleym,

Thanks for your reply. I suppose numerous others are in a similar situation. However, I wrote to my MP a week or so ago and got a response late last evening saying the MP's office has escalated my issue with UKVI. Let's see what comes out of it. All the best with your application!
Thanks, you too! We have now contacted our MP as well, not sure if it will make a difference but we will wait and see!

samgam23
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by samgam23 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:36 pm

lesleym wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm
samgam23 wrote:
Hi lesleym,
lesleym wrote:
Hi lesleym,

Thanks, you too! We have now contacted our MP as well, not sure if it will make a difference but we will wait and see!
Guys, any luck yet?

samgam23
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by samgam23 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 pm

samgam23 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:36 pm
lesleym wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm
samgam23 wrote:
Hi lesleym,
lesleym wrote:
Hi lesleym,

Guys, any luck yet?
Hi again,

Escalating the delay with the MP seems to have worked. I received an email from the home office today, saying my visa has been granted. Hope yours comes through now as well.