ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner overstayer,myself ILR, any chance to get married in the UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alvin5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Partner overstayer,myself ILR, any chance to get married in the UK?

Post by alvin5 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Dear all,
Currently we are planning to notify register office to get married. We found an useful information on council register office website saying "Foreign or EEA nationals who don’t have a valid passport need to bring evidence of their name, age and nationality.We will accept your immigration status document issued by the Home Office if it states your nationality. We do not accept other letters from the Home Office that state your place of birth."

My partner did receive a notification of variation of immigration bail letter last week with his name, photo, nationality on it. He claimed asylum 7 years but rejected, recently got caught by immigration officer. He has been in the UK for 12 years. My visa status is indefinite leave to remain. It require him to sign in HO in earlier June. Therefore we decided to make a fresh claim with additional grounds of living together more than 4 years with address proof and married. We are told that he would be safe to sign in HO as long as the new case has not been decided by HO officer. I think it may be the only way that we can do now...

My question is that whether it is okay for my partner to bring a notification of variation of immigration bail letter as proof of ID instead of passport to give notice? if so, what is success rate for getting permission from HO. any possibility to get rejected? Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Partner overstayer,myself ILR, any chance to get married in the UK?

Post by CR001 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:58 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.