ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Refused - based on Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Touba21
Newly Registered
Senegal

Re: British Citizenship Refused - based on Good Character

Post by Touba21 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi I am thinking about applying for citizenship . I am bit scared about the good character. I came in this country in 2003. In 2009 I had my daughterI got my derivative residence card under zambrano primary care of British citizen in 2014. In 2019 I was granted settled status indefinite leave to remain. I would to apply for citizenship but scared of refusal cause I overstayed. Please advise. Thanks you

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Fri May 14, 2021 12:59 pm

Touba21 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm
Hi I am thinking about applying for citizenship . I am bit scared about the good character. I came in this country in 2003. In 2009 I had my daughterI got my derivative residence card under zambrano primary care of British citizen in 2014. In 2019 I was granted settled status indefinite leave to remain. I would to apply for citizenship but scared of refusal cause I overstayed. Please advise. Thanks you
Touba
You should give it a chance only if during overstay you haven't been working & can provide documented proof who supported you .If you have an application pending & kept in contact with HO there is a chance of discretion.Just overstaying for a short period can be disregarded if the caseworker wants it.This notorious good character policy is a tool to refuse thousands of applicants every year.

Touba21
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Touba21 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I will do. Thanks you