ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgages During Family Visa Process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssbib
United Kingdom

Mortgages During Family Visa Process

Post by ssbib » Sat May 15, 2021 1:01 pm

Hello all, long time no see. I hope you are all keeping safe in these crazy times.

My wife and I are 18 months away from applying for ILR but we have had enough of renting and want to buy our own house. We have been working with a mortgage broker who is struggling to find us a lender due to my wifes immigration status. There are lenders out there who are willing to lend the money but they want a 25% deposit, which is not an option for us for the price range we are looking at. We can always just get a mortgage in my name but it will mean we can borrow alot less.

There is a glimmer of hope. The broker things that our bank will be willing to lend us a money as they have a long-standing relationship with the both of us and that we are only 18 months away from the ILR and my income is the main source of income for the household. We are expecting the news to come through on Tuesday so please keep your fingers crossed for us.

My question is this: have any of you been successful in getting a lender to grant you a mortgage while your wife/husband is still in the family visa immigration process? If so please can you share the name of the lender her so our broker can try and approach them on our behalf?

Thanks all and keep safe.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mortgages During Family Visa Process

Post by CR001 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm

If so please can you share the name of the lender her so our broker can try and approach them on our behalf?
Members are not permitted to post names and details of companies on the forum.

Anyone who is subject to immigration control generally does not get the best mortgage deal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Would they be allowed to private message me with the company name if they have anything of interest to share?

pere0026
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pere0026 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:55 pm

Not sure if this will help you but I've got a mortgage while on Tier 2 General visa without any issues (bank name has 4 letters so easy to guess)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon May 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Yes I think I can guess that thank you. Can you clarify, what is a tier 2 general visa? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:59 pm

ssbib wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:56 pm
Yes I think I can guess that thank you. Can you clarify, what is a tier 2 general visa? Thanks.
Tier 2 general is a work visa sponsored by a UK employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon May 17, 2021 2:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:59 pm
ssbib wrote:
Thanks for that. So I’m assuming that there is no permanent right to reside in the UK, just like the family route? This might help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:04 pm

ssbib wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Thanks for that. So I’m assuming that there is no permanent right to reside in the UK, just like the family route? This might help.
Correct. Tier 2 general is also a time limited visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon May 17, 2021 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:04 pm
ssbib wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Correct. Tier 2 general is also a time limited visa.
That’s great. Thanks again for the information.